Major problem with esignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Sep 10, 2003.

1. abogdan

abogdan

eSignal was BAAAAAAD today, charts wouldn't work and data via API was all corrupted.

#41     Jan 20, 2004
  2. I just got the run around via chat support again. I was around 20 in que.

What I need is accurate volume data, market profile charts, and floor pivots lines would be nice. Does trade station have MP?

#42     Jan 20, 2004
  3. abogdan

abogdan

Although I hate Trade Station (I've been using it since it was System Writer) I have to admit: their data feed is much better these days than many others. I use TS as my second feed all the time.

#43     Jan 20, 2004
  4. I am working with our QA department on our SP H4 volume figures. As soon as I have more information back from them, I'll post an update here.

On the question of an EFS formula creating and updating a volume bar on a daily chart that was discussed in September, we never were able to overcome the problem with EFS capturing every trade with it's associated volume and updating properly.

Regards,

#44     Jan 20, 2004
  5. abogdan,

What don't you like about TS? I tried it once a while back, and found their charts to be somewhat cumbersome. Esign does have a lot of great features. My problem is I'm right on edge of actually getting profitable and understanding how to trade. The last thing I need is to screw around with new software for the umteenth time.

#45     Jan 20, 2004
  6. I finally closed the books on esignal last week. They charge a premium price (for all the bells and whistles), but can not get the basic foundation data correct. Erroneous ticks ( which they blamed on the CME, but the data vendor I was running side by side and my broker did not have the same problems), volume issues, and completely rude customer service when inquiring as to the problems (I got hung up on when pointing out that the erroneous ticks were not occurning on my other data feeds). Nice way to run a business....pass the buck and duck and hide. Hell would freeze over before they ever see another dime from me. They are not the only game in town.

#46     Jan 20, 2004
  7. abogdan

abogdan

TS is how I learned to trade 13 years ago. There is nothing wrong with their charts especially these days (they improved a lot!). The reason I can not use them because of following:

- NO Bid/Ask charting abilities
    - NO seconds intervals
    - NO sizes
    - NO abilities to write multiple stock systems
    - NO abilities to execute multiple orders on the same bar

etc.

If you don't need all of these abilities then TS is a good tool!
    Also there is a lot of knowledge available on the NET for TS users!
    You might want to try them again.

#47     Jan 20, 2004
  8. I would really rather not post this, but some Elite members and vendor personel seem to think I'm going a bit overboard with my complaint.

First off, and it's only a suspicion, but I don't think Crazycanuck is the only one who has left.

More importantly, Esignal simply does not follow through on their promises. Period.

That was demonstrated when a promise far an EFS almost 4 months ago was just ignored. Then, when brought up again we were told that it couldn't be done. Why not have a least the common courtesey to tell us that. Instead, we're ignored.

Yesterday, after two long episodes on chat, I requested that someone give me a call. I made it plain that the call was to ask a question to understand the situation, not just to bitch. I asked for a time line.

I was told that Andy would return my call by market close today. Never happened. Now whose not being constructive?

#48     Jan 21, 2004
  9. Bundlemaker,

Your vociferous questioning has focused esignal`s minds on data weaknesses which in all probability they would have otherwise ignored. So technically your eforts are highly useful/constructive and I hope you dont stop your questioning till this serious issue is resolved. Hence keep it up!

#49     Jan 21, 2004
  10. abogdan

abogdan

Bundlemaker:
    Keep it UP! We all need it. You are just taking it for the team! Let me know if I could be of any help to you!
    Let the FORCE be with you!

#50     Jan 21, 2004