Major problem with esignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Sep 10, 2003.

1. For those of you watching this little production, the latest is I'm trying to contact support directly because they seem to be ignoring my posts here. Can't get through on the telephone (at my cost) and I tried logging into online chat support. I am told I am number

22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the queue!

Oh, boy, I'm so impressed. And they wonder why I get a touch perturbed with them.

#31     Jan 20, 2004
  2. Bundlemaker,

Dont waste your time; I am sure the esignal rep you eventually speak to wont have a clue about the volume issues you`re raising. I am also equally sure that esignal has already seen your posts on this website, after all they monitor it very regularly and in any case will be subscribed to your thread. I can only deduce from esignals lack of response that they have not progressed in surmounting these volume irregularities. Bundlemaker the best way to get on esignals case is to continue to publicise the issue on elitetrader in full view of everyone. The bad publicity will eventually rattle them.

Best of luck

#32     Jan 20, 2004
  3. peugot,

Thanks for your support. I intend to do just what you suggest. As Homer J. Simpson so aptly put it, "the foot is coming down".

#33     Jan 20, 2004
  4. I will assume that the lack of response on eSignals part signifies that volume data for futures is essentially not there. The numbers that show up on the charts have no meaning. There is no correlation to the exchange published figures.

Wouldn't a reasonably intelligent individual start to wonder about all of esignal's data. If some of it is obviously faulty, couldn't there be a LOT more that isn't so obvious?

#34     Jan 20, 2004
  5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Bundlemaker,

We have read your original question(s) and will look into them as soon as we handle the inquiries we received prior to yours. With this being the first day after a long weekend, we have 3 days of postings to catch-up on eSignal Central before we get to posting replies on other forums, like Elite.

Thanks.

#35     Jan 20, 2004
  6. Scott,

you're full of it too.

I tried contacting esignal directly via chat and telephone. That was almost 4 hours ago. I used the path of support that esignal suggests and I have not been contacted yet.

#36     Jan 20, 2004
  7. Furthermore,

I just visited the esignal forums. I checked every thread under announcements and product. There were less than half a dozen threads with a date from 1/19 or 1/20. Most of those had not been responded to either. Most were simple in nature. So don't tell me how fast you serve posts there. It just isn't so.

I also noted there are several other VERY unhappy users due to tick server issues. I have been affected by that also.

The right thing to do is credit us for the month. YOu have had way too many problems to expect us to pay in full for a service that simply doesn't work.

#37     Jan 20, 2004
  8. Below is a copy/paste from an esignal FAQ. The one that is supposed to answer all the question. You'll see that it creates more than it answers. My comments and questions follow the *'s. If esignal refuses to help, maybe someone more knowledgable can.

This is the quote:

"What is the volume that is displayed for futures?"

"With the exception of the CME electronically traded contracts like the S&P e-mini, volume data for futures is not sent during the trading day."

****this is not true, CME and CBOT send out LDB reports hourly,
    ****it may be that esignal chooses to not use this info, but it's
    ****there

"Just like Open Interest data, total volume is only reported once a day; after the market is closed. "

****the question is, what volume? there are several
    ****combinations of charts: intraday but non-electronic
    ****intraday electronic, daily non-electronic, daily electronic
    ****each of these combos work differently, the least esig
    ****could do is relate to us exactly how they work. My
    ****gut tells me they don't know either.

"Therefore, during the market day, the volume figure that is displayed is actually the previous day's total volume."

****that is incorrect. Just look at the last week or so from the
    ****SP H4 and compare it to CME data, it's not even close

" For example, the volume you see throughout the market day on Wednesday is actually Tuesday's closing volume. By early evening on Wednesday, the volume from earlier that day will update and remain posted on the screen until Thursday's closing volume data is sent. "

**** The daily chart is just
    ****plain wrong. Take SP H4 for example, the volume histogram
    ****above 1/20 then should show volume from 1/16. It doesn't
    ****Esig shows 34,688, CME says it's 58,460.

#38     Jan 20, 2004
  9. also......why do I pay $90 a month for this?? The last 2 weeks, problem after problem with ESignal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39     Jan 20, 2004
  10. I am so disgusted with paying through the nose for incorrect volume data that I am seriously considering using another product. Volume is the second most important component of my trading and if the volume data is not rectified very soon, I will simply jump ship. I need to have the right tools and if esignal cant provide them I will get someone that does.

#40     Jan 20, 2004