Major Players in the History of the Christian Church

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by expiated, May 5, 2020.

1. expiated

expiated

Half the time I never know when my stalkers have posted an entry because I have them all on ignore. The only way I become aware of it is if I happen to notice the name of one listed on the home page in the right-hand column across from one of my threads. I have better things to do with my time than respond to individuals who suffer from a lack of intelligent thought or who draw their overconfidence from an abundance of ignorance. I don't really care what the trolls are saying because the main benefit I feel I'm getting from EliteTrader at this point is that the platform helps me to organize and clarify my own ideas.

#31     May 30, 2020
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  2. Keep posting, I think there are members who appreciate learning new things, I do!

#32     May 30, 2020
    expiated likes this.
  3. stu

stu

What God? Really it is clear enough how amazing the garden is without having to believe there's a Goblin at the bottom of it.

#33     May 31, 2020
  4. When i went to Jay Lenos garage (actually airplanes holders in Burbank airport. I saw $2 billion worth of amazing vehicles, I often thought about the makers all the time. There is time in the World to ponder things and what made them.

#34     May 31, 2020
  5. stu

stu

Then Yahweh is immaterial.

I maybe on ignore but nevertheless, Good for you.
    If continuously cutting and pasting the many historical falsehoods, inconsistencies , misinformation and outright untruths of Christianity helps you clarify your thoughts, then indeed it just goes to show the splendid way in which - it takes all sorts.
    For my part, I like being reminded that despite endless attempts by the pious to re-write, distort and corrupt history and events throughout the ages wherever it suits them, facts do not cease to exist just because you or they are ignoring them. Keep posting. Out all the biblical deception for what it is.

"The universe is not in the category of things that are created or caused. The universe is uncaused and uncreated. It simply exists. How do we know this? Well, we know that from nothing, nothing comes. So, if there were ever a time when there was absolutely nothing in existence, then there would be nothing still. But things do exist. Therefore, since there could never have been absolutely nothing, something had to have always been in existence. That ever-existing thing is what we call the universe. The universe is the uncaused thing that caused everything else to come into existence. The universe is the uncreated Creator which created everything in it."

Universe: Everything that exists anywhere.

"Who was Douglas Adams"

The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
    "But," says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
    "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

#35     May 31, 2020
    SunTrader likes this.
  6. Why did you spread the fake talking points on Eusebious? Do you trade based off bad info, probably not!

#36     May 31, 2020
  7. expiated

expiated

I want to see if I can remember all twelve of the apostles without referring to any resources. I'll check on the accuracy of my list later, when I have the time, and then add notes to hopefully solidify the identity of each in my mind permanently.
    1. Peter
    2. Andrew
    3. James
    4. John
    5. Phillip
    6. Bartholomew
    7. Nathan
    8. Matthew
    9. Judas
    10. The other Judas
    11. The other James
    12. Simon

#37     May 31, 2020
  8. expiated

expiated

Peter, Andrew, James and John are easy for me to remember because they were two sets of brothers. My impression is that the four of them were also business partners (fishermen). Though I think of John as being a lot more famous than James, I believe James is always mentioned first, implying that he was the elder brother.

I’m going to try to make a habit of naming Philip fifth, thinking of the letter “l” in his name as the numeral one (1) to remind me he was the first individual in the second group of four to be called by the Messiah, after which Philip brought in Nathaniel.

To remember Matthew next, let me try to recall the tax collector’s memorable calling, not to mention that the first Gospel is named Matthew. In reviewing my list, I see that I forget “Doubting” Thomas, and I doubt I’ll remember him in the future unless I can recall thinking that I doubted I would remember him in the future. (It’s worth noting that though Thomas was saddled with the label “doubting,” until they saw with their own eyes, all the other disciples doubted as well.)

So, now I have Peter, Andrew, James, John, Philip, Nathaniel, Mathew, and Thomas organized in my mind… just four more to go.

Just as the first four included Simon (Peter), the last four also include Simon (the Zealot). And just as the first four included James (the son of Zebedee/the son of thunder), the last four also includes James (the Less, or son of Alphaeus). Then there was the first Judas, son of James (for the third time), and then last (and least) there was Judas Iscariot, who I imagine was so called so as not to be confused with Judas, son of James.

So, I have: Peter; Andrew; James, son of Zebedee; John; Philip; Nathaniel; Matthew; Thomas; Simon, the Zealot; James the Less, and Judas Iscariot.

I want to also recall that the second disciple in the second group (Nathaniel) had a second name: Bartholomew. (I listed him twice in my last post, is if he were two separate disciples.) Moreover, Judas son of James was also known as Jude, and as Lebbaeus, or with any one of these names linked to his surname, Thaddaeus.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    #38     Jun 1, 2020
  9. stu

stu

Indeed. There is time in the World to ponder how man makes both cars..and Gods.

What false talking points? Please be specific.

Eusibius himself wrote how it was quite acceptable to tell lies and promote falsehoods in the context of Christianity.
    He was also quite happy to push the the letter's from Christ myth, a 3rd century version of Hitler's diaries.
    One really does have to employ a great deal of blind faith and ignorance to consider Eusibius and other so called Church Fathers without the very high level of skepticism they all deserve.

By any sensible measure of what is a fraud, Eusibius was a fraud.

#39     Jun 2, 2020
  10. stu

stu

"I want to see if I can remember all twelve of the apostles of the Jedi Council without referring to any resources. I'll check on the accuracy of my list later, when I have the time, and then add notes to hopefully solidify the identity of each in my mind permanently."

1. Yoda
    2. Mace Windu
    3. Plo Koon
    4. Depa Billaba
    5. Eeth Koth
    6. Yarael Poof
    7. Adi Gallia
    8. Oppo Rancisis
    9. Even Piell
    10. Yaddle
    11. Saesee Tiin
    12. Ki-Adi-Mundi