Major fund closes...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by simon1080, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

I see its july 31 data. still they were already down by then when comm equities were up and crb was still up. When the comm equities turned and crb nosedove the fund disappears. I remember they are long-short so maybe they tried to short oil and other stuff on the first half of the year

#21     Sep 3, 2008
  2. Daal, it's actually June 30th data - 13F filings are dailying by a time period... so you have a point.

#22     Sep 3, 2008
  3. Daal

Daal

I'm referring to the yahoo data, it says july 31

#23     Sep 3, 2008
  4. Osp was one of the largest players in the OTC brent swap markets. Would not be surprised to learn they had huge OTC exposure going against them.

#24     Sep 3, 2008
  5. Three words:

Dumb Trend Followers.

#25     Sep 3, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

I looked into my crystal ball and saw some juicy buying opportunities in commodities on the horizon for my long term investment accounts.

Two observations here. In investing and trading there is no substitute for common sense. Wall Street's game is more about using hype to obtain control of vast amounts of capital and attaching fees than it is about making the best decisions on behalf of investors.

#26     Sep 3, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

They were a fundamental, research-based fund, not a trend-following bunch of technicians.

#27     Sep 3, 2008
  8. Agreed. Glad it ain't me.

#28     Sep 3, 2008