Maintaining discipline

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nimble, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Be sure to get a new alias traderpro now that this one has been outed, I'm sure you can't wait to talk shit to me again.

I'm in your heard son, I own you and your wife. :cool:

#31     Apr 23, 2008
  2. ace210

ace210

My biggest problem is also discipline. Iam also very impulsive and find it very difficult to stick to the rules. Iam taking time off from trading until I figure out how to stay disciplined. My problem is I stick to the rules for few months, make good money, but then become very complacent. I cant seem to stay disciplined for more than few months at a time. I hope you find a way to stay disciplined becuz its one of the keys to sucess

#32     Apr 23, 2008
  3. Meditation + discipline + strategy = consistency.

Om mani padme hum.

#33     Apr 23, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

many of the comments on this thread are a good race even if it is a race to the bottom.:D

#34     Apr 23, 2008
  5. Maybe nimble you just do not want the benefits of successful trading badly enough.

Maybe you see yourself in one light whilst trading places different demands upon you which are in conflict.

Should this be the case, discipline (as you describe it) is not your answer.

regards
    f9

#35     Apr 23, 2008
  6. He should try disciplining himself to make a set amount and quit when he is ahead ... works wonders for me.

Now when you've done that little exercise, try and see when it would be more advantageous to keep trading ... there are heavy trend days when the market just pours money into your pockets, can you figure out when this is happening?
    Study, study, study.

#36     Apr 23, 2008
  7. nimble

nimble

fearless,

"Maybe you see yourself in one light whilst trading places different demands upon you which are in conflict."

Can you rephrase? Not sure what you mean here.

#37     Apr 23, 2008
  8. nimble

nimble

MandelbrotSet,

My problem is not stopping trading when I get a profit. My style gives me 2-3 trades everyday. When it works, I rarely get into trouble. It is when my first trade in the day gets into trouble or I missed a trade, I get into trouble the rest of the day.

I try to get 200-300 a day, but I don't force myself to get that as I will get stuck to that goal.

Part of the skill is to recognize days when it is NOT worth while to try any more. And part of it is to just have the discipline to "walk away". Usually recognizing is not the problem. Stepping away is the problem...

#38     Apr 23, 2008
  9. nimble

nimble

Thanks to all who has responded with content.

And for those who posted pages worth of spam on my thread, please consider some respect for me.

This thread will quickly become USELESS to me and anyone if the flaming continues.

#39     Apr 23, 2008

10. LMAO, your not worth it. But too funny:cool:

#40     Apr 23, 2008