Main St anger so intense some say "acts of violence" called for

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Corey

Corey

As I said, the 'bailout' should never have been necessary. 'Too big to fail' is an awful side-effect of 'efficiencies of scale.' Smart regulations would have us paying increased prices for the benefit of having smaller businesses -- merely a premium for decreased risk if you ask me.

But that aside, not every derivative and exotic sold at a bank is 'crap.' There are plenty of valid derivatives out there used to hedge business exposures every day.

#41     Nov 16, 2009
  2. So am I.

Having had one company looted out from under me by a hostile takeover because it had retained earnings for R&D and no debt, and another refused an IPO because we intended to manufacture exclusively in the US, so am I.

Investment banks take pension funds and loan them to corporate looters to strip the very companies that the funds originate from .
    Hostile takeovers have been highly profitable for Wall Street and a disaster for EVERYONE ELSE.

Making hostile takeovers illegal would be the first step toward allowing American business to safely raise and retain capital and bringing back Main Street Jobs.
    And Wall Street would HATE it.

#42     Nov 17, 2009
  3. Obama is a fucking republican crook masquerading as a democrat.

The only glimmer of hope is this fucking republican crook may be a tad better than Bush or McCain.

With McCain we'd all be on the streets. McCains "economic advisor" Phil Gramm should be shot for the statements he made denigrating hard working middle class Americans. The crooked unamerican SOB is a big part of why we're in the current mess.

#43     Nov 17, 2009
  4. Sorry, but I am going to agree with the gp on this one.

If society is willing to buy a car with cash, save about 50% of their house before entering a mortgage, and not use credit cards, then you have a point.

But until society does that, it is you who is insane and retarded.

I was just looking at a car in North America and I saw you could get 8 year loans. Those loans are possible because of the parasites and because people are willing to wait for their money.

What bothers people is that since they went overboard and are paying the piper for it they are annoyed.

#44     Nov 17, 2009
  5. dtan1e

dtan1e

second that, corruption is even higher than in thailand, especially when u get a fool for president, as for bernanke, i always thought he looks like an arab

#45     Nov 17, 2009
  6. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/33UU6MKuWSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/33UU6MKuWSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

#46     Nov 19, 2009
  7. wmb

wmb

You frickin democrat liberal idiots are too much! this whole mess started with clinton and is rightfully going to get worse with obama. You have the Black Congressional Caucus advocating for low interest rates taking their cuts and the whole goldman sacs staff working for the obama administration and you have the nads to still say something about bush! bush spent 8 years trying to figure out what the frick did clinton do and bill clinto is still today running around like he had nothing to do with anything. live in a chronic state of denial and we will all be unemployed eventually!

#47     Nov 19, 2009
  8. "Haugaard says he had tears in his eyes as he watched Barack Obama’s acceptance speech, hopeful that politics would get more constructive and the economic crisis would get fixed."

what a stupid son of a bitch

by then, obama had voted for the bailout, and appointed geithner

nothing since then should have been a surprise

nothing

#48     Nov 19, 2009
  9. zdreg

zdreg

bill clinton did a great job. he ended welfare
    by insisting people go to work and there was a budget surplus when he left.

women were in love with him and red blooded american men wanted to have a beer with bubba.

what else do u want?

#49     Nov 19, 2009
  10. Me too.

#50     Nov 19, 2009