Main St anger so intense some say "acts of violence" called for

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Corey

Corey

The relationship is symbiotic. While the middle-man cannot exist without the two parties, the two parties would have a much harder time doing business without the middle-man. At this point in economic development, removing the middle-man would cripple the system. Try having an IPO without an investment bank. Try hedging your oil risk without the financial industry. Try doing just about anything that allows you to reduce risk and smooth payments without the use of financial products and derivatives. Good luck.

#31     Nov 16, 2009
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Legislature

How about everybody marches on Goldman Sachs and locks arms so that nobody can enter the building? Million man Goldman Sachs march?

#32     Nov 16, 2009
  3. If we recall early American history... the colonists in favor of the Revolutionary War risked, "... life, property, and sacred honor"... with the understanding that "we must all hang together or we will surely all hang separately"... that is, they were FED UP ENOUGH TO COMMIT TREASON against the Crown.

Will the majority of Americans get "fed up" enough to risk similarly? Probably not any time soon and not before much, MUCH more damage is done... sadly.

#33     Nov 16, 2009
  4. What about a simple startup company? What about 80% of the things normal people do? It doesn't rely on investment banks.

#34     Nov 16, 2009
  5. A catalyst is needed. An event that serves as the tipping point that then triggers, like dominoes, so many others to break ranks and join the revolutionists. Ideally, the military in some form needs to be involved in the coup.

Fat chance, I say.

#35     Nov 16, 2009
  6. The market was trying to get rid of them last fall until Paulson and who knows what saved their corrupt hides.

I have held a grudge against these investment banks for almost ten years waiting for justice one day.

#36     Nov 16, 2009

7. Hey that's a good way to get the message across. I'm sure after the first day and people found out, lots more people would join in after.

#37     Nov 16, 2009
  8. Actually it has happened before in history, it wasn't in this country though. The military tried to suppress the people who were revolting and ended up joining in and overthrew the government shortly after. I can't remember the name of it.

That's how I feel too. You've got to start somewhere though, persistence will eventually win over.

#38     Nov 16, 2009
  9. AK100

AK100

On another board a few years back there was a poster whose signature was the following -

"When the opening bell rings it's the start of a crime spree, nothing more"

Funny but so true as well.

#39     Nov 16, 2009
  10. I don't think you know what investment banks do. IPOs are only one piece of their business, and it's just a racket. Look up Google and how they went public. The whole structure set up by Wall Street for IPOs is a barrier contaminated with unnecessary costs.
    IBs certainly do not do anything for the predominant base in this country, small businesses. Large retail banks get involved, but the small local bank is always the better suitor.
    The financial products & derivatives you speak of do not do anything except generate commissions & spreads, in a parasitic manners. Then when the sh*t hits the fan, because in essence all that is being sold is a bunch of crap, who ends up paying for it. Ahh yes, the public. Is that the symbiotic relationship you speak of?

Hate to break it to you , but little productive & beneficial work happens in these Investment Banks. It's just schemes to squeeze out fees, commissions & trading profits.

#40     Nov 16, 2009