Main St anger so intense some say "acts of violence" called for

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 16, 2009.

1. This is plain delusional.

#21     Nov 16, 2009
  2. That's the only way they're going to get the message loud and clear is violence. It's definitely called for, they're ruining other peoples lives, its about time someone ruined theirs. And if there's a little collateral damage from it, oh well, you have to crack an egg to make an omelet.

#22     Nov 16, 2009
  3. Well, the truth is that it was very dependent on cronyism & nepotism. Talent had little to do with it, it was more important whom you were related to and with whose family your family happened to be good friends with. That is how USSR was run and that is how the assets were passed down in the 1990s.

Not too dissimilar from USA, just more heavy & blatant.

#23     Nov 16, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

successful cronyism is a result of development of certain social skills.

#24     Nov 16, 2009
  5. If we Americans were the least bit politically savvy (yeah, I know).... we could vote a huge majority of the incumbents OUT of office in 2010. (We should have voted them out in '08. Congress' DISAPPROVAL rate at the election was 86%, yet we sent 95% of incumbents back to Washington. What the Hell is wrong with us??)

#25     Nov 16, 2009
  6. Corey

Corey

That is not an argument to the contrary.

#26     Nov 16, 2009
  7. Believe me, it really is not. It's plain comedy on how people got ahead in USSR and what happened during the transition. It's similar in USA, although not as bad.

Cronyism and business/political networking are not synonyms.

#27     Nov 16, 2009
  8. I was not aware you were making a valid argument. To say that the nation is dependent on Wall Street to run its economy lies somewhere between insanity & retardation. Sorry to be harsh, but it makes me wonder if you even understand that anything above basic finance requires real industry to base itself on it. It is not the other way around.

You're basically arguing that the parasites that cause the problems have to be saved at the expense of the host.

#28     Nov 16, 2009
  9. I hope we do, but how I see it, the problem lies in bipartisan politics. It's republican or democrat, some how we need to encourage more competition in politics and get American people to pull away from being so one sided, "I'm either republican or democrat." How about neither.

Main street shouldn't have to resort to violence, if our leaders where actually working towards the goals of democracy none of this nonsense would have happened in the first place. But they're not.

It's a good start that people are questioning our government. The next step is to unite and form some numbers. You've got to make it seem popular though, otherwise people won't fall for it. Criticism or violence will work better that way and the only thing holding people back then is our own military. I mean this is a big problem, how can a country be fixed when the leaders are so corrupt, what do you do? It's a very tough question/problem. What do you do? Go on strike? Quit working? Don't put money in the banks? Don't go into the military? Don't pay taxes? Sit outside a wall street investment bank and just start blasting?:confused:

#29     Nov 16, 2009
  10. Let them eat cake!!:p

#30     Nov 16, 2009