MagicJack (CALL)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Pekelo, May 30, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Atty, Michael Dell did use treasury stock. He sold the puts to grant the stock to employees.

This is very very common. I think it's stupid for a company not to do it.

#11     May 31, 2012
  2. Banjo

Banjo

I know the Porsche comment wasn't the point, what about the GOOG story?

#12     May 31, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Porsche makes a lot of money on trading. In fact, so much that analysts actually model their earnings more like a trading company then a car company.

GOOG also does this as well.

#13     May 31, 2012
  4. That's retarded.

#14     May 31, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

How so?

Michael Dell had a program in place where he granted shares of stock to employees every year. It was in their contract. And he made no secret about what he was doing with analysts. Instead of just paying up for stock, he sold the puts. In many cases he still had to pay up for stock but at least it was partially offset by the put sales.

#15     May 31, 2012
  6. In lieu of delta1 dilution it's preferable, yeah. But this should not be done for any purpose other than ESOP.

The company should not be leveraging long, or short for that matter.

#16     May 31, 2012
  7. Banjo

Banjo

I do agree with atticus, opens too many doors to manipulation and risk. Imagine a wild megalomaniac like Corzine at the controls. I still cast my vote in favor of him being drawn and quartered.

#17     May 31, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

They were not leveraging. How is this different then a company stock buyback which almost every company in America engages in?

#18     May 31, 2012
  9. In the situation of CALL, if you just read some of their recent press releases, it seems clear that this is a management orchestrated pump and dump. CEO also just sold bunch of shares after a violent pumping process.

I would have shorted had not the cost of borrow been over 60% at IB.

#19     May 31, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

FWIW, GOOG is in the process of building an energy trading desk, going to be huge.

#20     May 31, 2012