magic journal of doom

Discussion in 'Journals' started by magicz, Nov 1, 2005.

1. magicz

magicz

I will be doing both buying and selling short depend on the entry signal I get, since my system is base on trending and market nuetral principles. Also I will be holding position for multi-days depend on my exit points and stop-loss of course.

let the winner ride let the loser slide and get out when it hit the stops(protecting profit or stop loss).

#11     Nov 4, 2005
  2. magicz

magicz

Well at least the money is out of the bank but IB still haven't credit my account yet so I am still waiting.

On a side note, someone told me this morning that one of my target stock was mention by lamer Cramer last Friday and the stock is going crazy. It had already went up 20% as of this morning and the volume have quadruple in just 1 hour from the 10 day average. I'll give you a hint.....QDEL. I would be shorting this right now if my account was credited. the Cramer effect always cause the price and volume to spike and slowly decline through out the week.

I predict at least a 15%-20% dip by Friday 11/11/05. let see if I am right.

#12     Nov 7, 2005
  3. magicz

magicz

QDEL close at 13.65 up 14.61%.. so it did slip from the intra-day high of 14.07. would it continue or be support by Friday!!!!

I want in on the action!!!

#13     Nov 7, 2005
  4. magicz

magicz

oh and the volume for the day was 5 mil share compare to 500K on the 10 day avg. thats 15% of outstanding share churned today!!!!:eek:

#14     Nov 7, 2005
  5. magicz

magicz

11-10-2005 IB will unhold!

Anyways looking at the charts for QDEL for the decade, there appears a cyclic pattern that is predictable. QDEL make testing kits for flu testing and we all know flu season is around november to march. So it will earn well 3rd, 4th quarter and pretty much nothing after. The strange thing about this cyclic pattern is it doesn't appear every year but every other year. look at the spikes in 2000, 2002, 2004 and predictably winter of 2006. This year runup is similar to the 1999-2000 pattern but the peak will be a little higher. February or march will be there turning point.......
    I got my swammy hat on!

#15     Nov 8, 2005
  6. magicz

magicz

QDEL close at 12.85....-5.86%...

#16     Nov 8, 2005
  7. magicz

magicz

Tomorrow will be the due date so to speak for my experiment to begin. Since the money will be ready to play instead of "HOLD" status in IB. Below I will list half of the stocks in my watch list. The other half is more risky and I might not use them at first so I will reveal them later on in my experiment.

SPNC,QDEL,GLBL,ODSY,NWRE,KNOT,OFG,VISG,IVIL,PCTI,IFLO,VNT,EMAG,ITT,BTUI

I'll let you figure out which I will long or which I will short. OR just wait until I post my position...:D.

#17     Nov 9, 2005
  8. magicz

magicz

Open

GLBL long 2000 at 12.85
    VISG long 2000 at 5.18

#18     Nov 10, 2005
  9. magicz

magicz

Trend trading is very hard!!!! I was ready to close my positions several times today but I stayed the course. I had to remind myself several time that this is an experiment and I shouldn't violate my own system the very first day in.

GLBL-
    I scaled in at 13.30 for 700 shares on the open and it went down hill from there for two hours I was sweating bullets but eventual it bottom out and started to recover. I bought another 1300 at 12.61 on the up swing. so my coss basis was around 12.85. not bad after buying at 13.30 and saw it dip to 12.45 and had a UPnL of -700 at one point. At the close the price recover to 12.85 which is exactly at my CB.

VISG-
    not much action here I scaled in at 5.17 with 500 then 1500 at 5.19. This baby was trading at a very tight range for the last 5 days so I knew it wasn't going anywhere fast. cost basis is 5.187

commissions for all trade is -20

Things I learn today about trend trading.
    -DO NOT LOOK AT THE INTRADAY CHARTS
    -DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE INTRADAY SWINGS
    -DO NOT TRY TO STEAL BP FROM THIS ACCOUNT TO DAY TRADE OTHER STOCKS(I did traded in another account ):p
    -FINALLY: VERY BORING!!!!

Well it definately very different style from what I am use to.......

#19     Nov 10, 2005
  10. magicz

magicz

Not much happening today. My positions are still open
    GLBL +.05
    VISG +.04
    I got bored and wrote DEC calls for both position with no buyers yet.

Have a good weekend everyone.

#20     Nov 11, 2005