Magic Jack Plus

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I just purchased the new Magic Jack Plus for $70 at Radio Shack, which includes the first year of service. It gives you unlimited calling all over the U.S. and Canada and low international rates. It comes with voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, and call forwarding. With this new Magic Jack, it doesn't have to be plugged into a computer, so the phone will now ring and you can make calls, even when your computer is off, as long as your internet and power are not down. If your internet and power go down and someone calls you, they can leave you a voicemail, and you can check your voicemail by phone or by email. You just need a wireless router to use Magic Jack Plus, or if you are not wireless like me, you need an Ethernet Switch, which I bought at Radio Shack for $35, which comes with 5 ethernet ports on the back of it. I plan to cancel both of my landlines in the house and save $80 per month. Magic Jack Plus is only $30 per year after the first year for unlimited calling to the U.S. and Canada. You can also use Magic Jack Plus with a computer's USB port and make unlimited calls from any foreign country to the U.S. or Canada for free, as long as you have an internet connection. What a great invention!!

2. TGregg

TGregg

You can get an Obihai 100 for $50 and use Google Voice for free.

3. BSAM

BSAM

Landline?
    What's that?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

We got rid of ours a couple of years or more ago.

5. Just about there myself. I have full wifi in the house, with bundled cable/internet/phone, not bad, but not great it seems.

I tried Vonage a few years back, had horrible reception/connection.

Is Magic Jack really good, reception-wise? Any hot spots or I guess I should say cold spots in your house?

c

6. In other news:

Not having a land line is really pissing off the bill collectors.

Now if only they would close the Post Office....:cool:

7. The Magic Jack Plus works great all over the house. My house is 2,000 square feet. The call quality is excellent. It works with corded and cordless phones. The only time I have seen the call quality suffer a little is if I am watching a Youtube video on the internet while on a call. I have 1.5 mbps download speed, which is low, but perhaps if you have more, it may work better.

8. nursebee

nursebee

No cell phone here but I do have an Ipod touch. Thanks for the heads up on the Obihai 100.

Google voice works fine and meets my meager needs with ease.