Madrid Al Qaeda Terrorist Attack Effects Trading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gamalruach, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Now that's some pretty sadistic Spirit right there.

Your Mother must be so Proud of you!
    What a wonderful child.

Tell ya what, it sounds like you have some issues with your Mother, so we'll make sure that you can be driving the TRAIN when we cum over . . .

Peace.

#21     Mar 11, 2004
  2. Mecro

Mecro

My point is that this is overblown news. This is equivalent to the anthrax scare which in the end was some disgruntled loser (or government propaganda for Iraq invasion).

Do not analyze it too much, it is a piece of news that in a rational market would have very little effect. But in a rational market it would be near impossible to make money trading.

#22     Mar 11, 2004
  3. I usually keep quiet and just observe; I rarely post unless something strikes a nerve.. But here we go....

I am amazed by the number of conspiracy theorists here on ET. I generally stereotype those associated with the financial markets as people with analytical minds. The comments by a few here on this thread are evidence that my stereotype is wrong. This thread has produced nothing of value.

Gamalruach:
    You joined ET this month and have accumulated 72 posts. I have read many of these posts, especially those related to forex and the yen. You have not made a single statement that has been of any value. Your yen statements seem based solely on your pessimism of US debt/deficits and good old conspiracy theory.

If debt/deficits bother you, think about this; almost every developed nation is running a budget deficit. For instance, the German deficit for 2003 is roughly 4% of GDP and is running debt of roughly 60% of GDP. Most other developed nations are in similar situations.

I would love to debate economics/trading/current events with you but will refrain from doing so until you post an intelligent comment or question.

Until then, try to curb you ET thread pollution.

Note: I just looked at the Gamalruach profile: a member since 3-9-2004 and a daily average of 29.37 posts.

Wow.

#23     Mar 11, 2004
  4. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

First and foremost, the market was not CRASHING today. Why do so many ET traders use terminology like some idiot from CNBC with words that truly dont describe events that happen in the market or like someone who actually DOES NOT TRADE?

THE MARKET SOLD OFF BUT IT DID NOT CRASH>.....

AMATURES...there is a diffrence between CRASH and SELLOFF.

second.... this statement is false.

"My point is that this is overblown news. This is equivalent to the anthrax scare which in the end was some disgruntled loser (or government propaganda for Iraq invasion)."

Why is the statement false.....For one reason, it was not overblown in the sense that this was an attack by a Fraction of Al quda" against SPAIN and its PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION system.
    This shows how vounrable EURO land is for any type of attack.
    This, as was shown by the DAX and its sell off, reminds the markets of FEAR...which could lead to uncertainty...which could create volititly.

#24     Mar 11, 2004
  5. cuz

cuz

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25     Mar 11, 2004
  6. Mecro

Mecro

They said that Al Queda claimed responsibility. But that means nothing. So we do not even know for sure who it was. Very possible it is from some disgruntled citizen. Maybe he found radical Islam.

Regardless of who it was, Spain and actually all of Europe is going to step up their security just like US had to do. That could mean a lot of business for the defense companies. Sounds like good news to me.

#26     Mar 12, 2004
  7. Mecro: 300 innocent people getting blown apart by who knows... and 1000s more damaged physically and psychologically, and YOU see this as "good news"???

Wait, aren't you the one who wants to have sex with my dead mother?

Maybe you need to change your name to Necro instead of Mecro - then shoot yourself.

Sam

#27     Mar 12, 2004
  8. I remember reading somewhere that traders/investors have now risen to the level of power to that of any and all central banks.

What this means is, it is traders and investors in the currency markets fighting and warring daily while trading for a living who determine where prices end up at.

We are the final currency regulators.

It is not how many terrorist strikes there are or who gets nailed or who has the biggest debt or has the worst economy, etc.

It is the traders who rule the globe, not terrorists, not central banks, not governments.

Traders and investors who buy and sell currencies, equities, etc., are the ones who set prices.

And we do so by surviving and profiting.

We put our lives on the line everyday. Nations don't. Central banks don't. Terrorists don't. Militaries don't.

Only traders do.

Sam

#28     Mar 12, 2004
  9. I did some research on the US equities market. The past couple days of sell off has me worried. If the market does not rally tomorrow (Friday) and closes at the LOD, I have a feeling we are in for a big correction on Monday. I did some comparisons on the 29 and 87 crash and 9/11 correction and chart patterns are coming close to what happened 2-3 days before the event.

If Friday closes LOD, then I see a drop to 1040-1050 on the S&P on Monday.

DNAJ65000

#29     Mar 12, 2004
  10. dnaj65000: You're definitely right, dude. I think something big is coming our way.

Even the currency market's are poised for a massive shake up. I think this terrorist bombing in Madrid is going to be the catalyst.

Well, more opportunies to make money, right?

I wish these lamer admins would stop moving every thread to the chat area. They should get a life.

Good luck,

Sam

#30     Mar 12, 2004