Madoff Victims Want Fed Bailout Too!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cstfx, Jan 5, 2009.

1. jem

jem

So are stocks at a 20 pe or even a 13.

There is always the risk you managers is b.s. - just a few years back palm beach had the maricopa guy do the same thing.

(by the way I tried to get out fo RE but my wife went nuts when I had offers to sell.)

#31     Jan 6, 2009
  2. Madoff wasn't running a fund. He was running a collection of managed accounts and managed accounts are covered under SIPC.

#32     Jan 6, 2009
  3. Right. Yet more proof that the biggest Ponzi schemes and most irresponsibly run insurance companies are dreamed up and run by the political class.

SIPC can't cover the obligations because it's not properly funded - just like AIG. The SEC wouldn't properly investigate Madoff because he was a big political donor and very well connected. Remind me again why people are so eager to give government a bigger role in "protecting" us?

#33     Jan 6, 2009

4. Minimum of fuss, why fuss at all. Try and remove it and see what kind of fuss you get.

I'm not against anyone. How ever if you look at the past criminals on Wall Street you will see that most of the biggest frauds perpetrated on Wall Street were by Jews.

I can’t help that, I didn’t have anything to do with it, them is just the facts.

I happen to be of Christian faith and believe Christians and Jews have been doing battle together since the crusaders.

Maybe it makes you feel good to label someone prejudice but I’m not.

#34     Jan 6, 2009
  5. What did she live on until now? She probably derived an income from the Ponzi like returns of the fund. If that's the case, weren't those returns fraudulent? Didn't she benefit from the scam? Should she sell her furniture and give the proceeds to the investors that didn't get any income at all?

#35     Jan 6, 2009
  6. I wouldn't say that Christianity is better or more genuine than any other religion. I would say that it has been a very successful mix with capitalism. In a round about way, if you delve into the history of Christianity, you'll see that it was alleged to have been created/promoted by the Piso family of Rome circa AD 200. It was originally promoted to help run the businesses at the time. The Roman empire was run by millions of slaves. The Jewish religion was against slavery but Christianity preached that the meek shall inherit the earth.

Christianity mixed well later on with Capitalism because it promoted honesty and other qualities that were essential to run fair business. I believe that it was a big reason that Western business has done so well in the last few hundred years. Now with the current decline in religion and it's values will we also see a corresponding decline in business? Can you make secular laws to cover right and wrong in every business situation? If Madoff had a good religious conscience, be it Jewish, Christian, Muslim or anything, he would never have done what he did.

#36     Jan 6, 2009
  7. Proof of concept: Copeland is a nitwit, not worthy of any consideration at all.

Firefox kicks IE's ass, and he's knocking it.

Moron

#37     Jan 6, 2009
  8. jem

jem

It should have read.

There is always risk of fund manager b.s.

#38     Jan 6, 2009
  9. belmondo

belmondo

I hope it won't happed. those people deserve to loss. too greedy

#39     Jan 7, 2009
  10. dstod

dstod

These investors should all get together and set a major precedent:

Sue the SEC for allowing this scheme to go undetected for over a decade.

#40     Jan 7, 2009