Madoff trading statistics

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Daal

Daal

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    777 and sle like this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Jeez, throw in some "backwardation" and "skew" terms, invent new terms for long-known trades? And he'd have had a spot right here on ET. :wtf:

:D

speedo likes this.
  4. Daal

Daal

Turns out I made a mistake in the K-Ratio, its actually 11.5. That man could trade!

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

but how was his Ponzi Ratio?

6. One of the highest ever recorded. If you want people to beat your door down, tell them they can't invest with you because they are not important enough for you to waste time with. His customer base of rich NY and Palm Beach co-religionists found it irresistible.

smallfil likes this.
  7. Bekim

Bekim

Best hindsight trader the world has ever known

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. Daal

Daal

I built an excel spreadsheet that has certain macros for the backtest. The output comes on in the cells. It took a lot of work but i think its better than the other ones since its dynamic. I can backtest any set of return streams (up to 6) in less than 2 minutes of inserting the returns in the sheet

777 and freedinner like this.
  9. Thank you! That looks very professional! I assumed it must be an external program.

Funnily I've just started using R and PerformanceAnalytics, to get some stats that the IB PortfolioAnalyst does not provide (and check some figures)

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/PerformanceAnalytics/index.html

#10     Sep 8, 2018