Madoff Seeks Leniency at Fraud Sentencing

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ipatent, Jun 23, 2009.

1. #21     Jun 25, 2009
  2. It's not like he raped a child.

Or killed someone over $30.

Bottom line: It was a money crime not a violent crime.

Sure he should do several or more years in prison but I laugh at those who say "he should die." As if death isn't lurking around the nearest corner anyway.....

#22     Jun 25, 2009
  3. I prefer to see him forced to practice fire-walking 50 times a day for the rest of his life, wearing a blindfold, hands and feet bound and gasoline-soaked slippers

#23     Jun 25, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

True of course.

But I'd still like to see him publicly hanged.

Hanged from a lamp post on Wall Street seems rather fitting to me.

And I don't give a fuck how old or physically decrepit he is.

#24     Jun 25, 2009
  5. Ole' Bernie collected Bull sculptures, and even named several of his yachts "Bull", a noose from the Wall Street Bull's neck on Broadway would be appropriate for his hanging!

e p

#25     Jun 25, 2009
  6. 50+ billion dollars and he want's a lower sentence? Come on... let's hope the US justice system doesn't mess up this one.

[​IMG]

#26     Jun 25, 2009
  7. #27     Jun 25, 2009
  8. #28     Jun 25, 2009
  9. They're scouting locations now. Walmart is concerned about the per capita income level.

#29     Jun 25, 2009
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Stealing people's life savings, if they are substantial, is worse than many violent crimes. It is effectively taking away the yield of 5, 10, 20, 30 years of someone's labour. Basically making someone your slave for years or even decades.

Enslaving someone for 20 years is worse than rape, a violent beating, molesting them as a child etc. It's worse than one violent mobster murdering another.

#30     Jun 25, 2009