Madoff investor commits suicide in New York

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ever watch America's Most Wanted?

people break out of jails all the time

this guy is on the outside, with billions of dollars

he can pay *anything* to get the help he needs

#41     Dec 23, 2008
  2. olias

olias

Are we talking about Bernie Madoff or Jason Bourne?

:D

#42     Dec 23, 2008
  3. dve250

dve250

If someone ripped me off like that I wouldn't leave it up to the justice system to punist him. Before I'd kill myself (which I wouldn't since I don't love money that much) I'd make him pay in a permanent kind of way.

One of the people he ripped has to grow some balls and pump a couple sluggs into his spine. Bernie wouldn't be enjoying his time in jail for sure. Problem is most his investors are panzies with peas for balls.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B9pMJYXGBs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B9pMJYXGBs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

#43     Dec 23, 2008

4. An eye for an eye.

#44     Dec 23, 2008
  5. ipatent

ipatent

Maybe Irv Rubin.

#45     Dec 23, 2008
  6. if madoff was to screw over some hardcore russian investor

he would be dead now

those guys are very barbaric when it comes to money

#46     Dec 23, 2008
  7. As they should be.

Money is what remains from your work. Stealing your money is stealing your time. Your efforts.

I don't take kindly to it. No sensible person does. I'm sure there must be a few Madoff victims that would be glad to send him to his eternal ASAP.

#47     Dec 23, 2008
  8. A word to the filthy rich. Worry more about keeping what you are lucky enough to have , and less about adding to it so you can wallow in yet more vulgar luxury.

#48     Dec 23, 2008
  9. #49     Dec 24, 2008
  10. Something for me isn't adding up in the way Madoff is behaving.

Allegedly he admitted that he defrauded his clients. Presumably his sons turned him in.

But - he is trying to stay out on bail (that he gets to make bail while recent stories of smaller frauds land the accused in jail without bail is a double standard of justice to begin with. Especially since the bail money may have been originally stolen from clients).

If he admits he's guilty, why make bail - why have a lawyer start defending him at all? He confessed - save the taxpayer some money and drive to Rikers.

So while he may have told the FBI agents he fully expects to go to jail - and he supposedly confessed to his guilt - he is fighting it already.

#50     Dec 24, 2008