Madoff investor commits suicide in New York

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Why wouldn't he have just disapeared prior, instead of implicating himself?

your logic makes little sense given the circumstances.

Capital access has nothing to do with it at this point.

surf

#21     Dec 23, 2008
  2. well, truth be told, he didnt confide to me what he was up to, so i dont know

but, like a longer trend trader, he may have had a bias toward sticking with PLAN A through what could be false alarms, until proven that plan A is dead

he would still be giving up a lot shifting to plan B, and may have been hesitant to do it, and such transitions may not always go smoothly - he might be at plan C

#22     Dec 23, 2008
  3. Dreyfus would be fine--he's good at playing pricks. How about Chris Carter, or even Robert Patrick.

#23     Dec 23, 2008
  4. What's amazing is that there haven't been more of these during this long fall from grace for the scum that run our financial system.

By now, there should have been 1000 such deaths, bankers, real estate brokers, you name it.

Shows you people just dont have any pride in their work.

#24     Dec 23, 2008
  5. why kill yourself, when you can just hop on a private jet and go to washington for a bailout?

#25     Dec 23, 2008
  6. Well you saw Aguirre saying more Madoff's . You know he's wired, and the hero of any staffer that's honest. So, I think you're very correct.

That, and the fact thse Banks and Hf's are hiding a ton of stuff, because they're spineless, and think if they hide, the boogey man will go away.

#26     Dec 23, 2008
  7. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

it's just total GREED

this guy had it made with a 50 billion dollar portfolio under manageement his fees was like $500 million per year and making only 10% return.

investors could do better investing in bonds or real estate.

#27     Dec 23, 2008
  8. Yup. Agree. Saw someone up against a building last night with just a blanket and rainboots in the middle of 0 degree temps and snow.

(I could have helped but I wasn't able to pull over)

I don't have too much sympathy for anyone but his family. If that's how money made him feel that's just too bad.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I fear going into this profession. There's some crazies out there

#28     Dec 23, 2008
  9. donnap

donnap

Perhaps he was running his own ponzi scheme and Madoff's failure ruined his own chances of covering it up. Wouldn't surprse me. Time will tell.

#29     Dec 23, 2008
  10. President Harding, whose qualities and faults are very close to Bush died mysteriously as news of the corruption and incompetence of his administration surfaced. By comparison Bush doesn't feel any shame at all and he goes around prancing and trying to do the most in his last days. It really is a different time.

#30     Dec 23, 2008