Madoff case stokes anti-Semitism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Doji7, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Doji7

Doji7

Madoff case stokes anti-Semitism

Thursday December 25, 12:54 pm ET
    By Jennifer Peltz, Associated Press Writer

Madoff scandal fits profile of `affinity fraud,' proves particularly wrenching for Jews

NEW YORK (AP) -- Of all the words that have been used to describe the Bernard L. Madoff scandal, the most emotionally charged may be "Jewish."
    The disgraced investment guru is accused of orchestrating a $50 billion Ponzi scheme that preyed heavily on fellow Jews and ultimately drained the fortunes of numerous Jewish charities and institutions.

2. if he is jewish too i dont get your point.

3. spinn

spinn

It is a smoke screen.

Jewish people created a word called "anti-semitism" so they can blame others for getting mad at them for taking money from people.

If they had instead held each other accountable this all would of ended decades, if not centuries, ago.

4. ipatent

ipatent

I don't think the "Madoff stokes anti-semitism" theme makes much sense either given that many of the victims are Jewish. It happened because he is a sociopath, not a Jew.

However, he may be a lightning rod for some who already mentally associated Wall Street fraud and excess with certain highly visible Jews.

5. Antisemitism (alternatively spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism; also rarely known as judeophobia) is prejudice against or hostility toward Jews as a group. The prejudice or hostility is usually characterized by a combination of religious, racial, cultural and ethnic biases. While the term's etymology might suggest that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic peoples, since its creation it has been used exclusively to refer to hostility towards Jews.[1][2]

Antisemitism may be manifested in many ways, ranging from individual expressions of hatred and discrimination against individual Jews to organized violent attacks by mobs or even state police or military attacks on entire Jewish communities. Extreme instances of persecution include the German Crusade of 1096, the expulsion from England in 1290, the Spanish Inquisition, the expulsion from Spain in 1492, the expulsion from Portugal in 1497, various pogroms, and the most infamous, the Holocaust under Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany.

6. It 'would of', huh? Right. It 'would of'.

Further proof for the positive correlation between illiteracy and bigotry.

Back to your weekend Nazi circle jerks.

7. We all know where this thread is headed.

Side note:
    Each group of people from all walks of life have their idiots and morally handicap.

8. I'm not sure what's worse. A grammar Nazi or a real Nazi?

9. I feel sorry for the grammar Nazi's. They can't come up with a clear argument but they still want to be heard.

10. Haha, brilliant !! I read "would of" all the time on internet boards these days. When will it replace " would have" ? :D

#10     Dec 26, 2008