Made in USA sneaker (34 bucks) Made in China shoe 60 bucks.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Hourly wage

India: 0,58$
    Sri Lanka: 0,61$
    Vietnam: 0,71$
    Thailand: 1,1$
    Philipines; 1,12$
    China: 1,38$
    Mexico: 2,92$
    Russia: 2,93$
    Maleisia: 3,54$
    Brazil: 5,96$
    Taiwan: 6,50$

#11     Oct 1, 2010
  2. Thats what I suspect, people pay 60 bucks because some Basketball player vouched for the shoe. So thats why Nike made in china costs more than NB made in the USA.

Eventually folks are gonna wake up one day and figure out the math.

Same with clothing I could buy high quality made in the USA from New Jersey, cheaper than the China/Vietnam overpriced label clothing.

#12     Oct 1, 2010
  3. LeeD

LeeD

Nike has factories in Vietnam and Thailand too.

What is the source of the data?

#13     Oct 1, 2010
  4. Marc Faber's august newsletter.

#14     Oct 1, 2010
  5. Ultimately consumers/people pay the advertisement cost which is included in selling price.

#15     Oct 1, 2010
  6. I was going to make a comparison between a product made in china (ie: apple ipad) that retails more expensive than a crappier brand/product (ie: one of the thousands other tablets) that are made in usa to show what a fucking retard this guy is.

I searched for 5 mins on electronics, computers, cloth, bags, all the big us brand names etc..sadly cannot find a single item that is still made in usa, other than a bunch mom&pop no name stuff.

Still doesnt change the fact KINGOFSHORTS is an idiot though.

#16     Oct 1, 2010
  7. Seriously, STFU clown. You do not know WTF you're talking about and your "Private Venture Capital" & "Global Trade Arena" experience consists of tips from your local VC office when you deliver the Chinese food.

Wage costs in China & India have been rising dramatically and the offshoring trend is nearing its mark. It's China who has been looking at Vietnam to sub-offshore the contracts because they can't keep the costs down. Just like India looking at Bangladesh.

#17     Oct 1, 2010
  8. but it is still SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than usa, wage is just part of it, all the regulations, insurance etc..is multiples higher in the us. Outsource will not grow at the rate it has in the past, but there is no major shift out of china in term of manufacturing right now. Also need to realize cost is just 1 factor, social stability, safety and infrastructure/transportation etc.. also plays major roles in the decision factor. And there is no country that's even remotely close to what china has. The 2nd closest "safe" country india still has mud/donkey infrastructure with badly managed trains. Brazil you need to walk around with bodyguards, and the cost isnt that much cheaper.

China is just like the usa during the industrial revolution, little regulation = lower cost. As the country grow and become more economically sound, its citizen and government will demand greater protection, higher wages, more regulations etc... and eventually china, just like the usa, will no longer be a cheap outsource destination, and it will shift again to another country, the cycle will continue. But that's still a decade or two away at least. What i do know is there is little chance the outsourcing will stop and come back to the us, unless the government pass hardcap laws, which is not likely.

#18     Oct 1, 2010
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Ouch!

#19     Oct 1, 2010
  10. +1

#20     Oct 1, 2010