Made in the USA: Spoiled brats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElatedMaverick, May 21, 2007.

1. LT701

LT701

they're not concerned about how this affects the present, but how it affects the future and the long term good of the country

apparently, this concept is over your head

(for starters, a needless war will cost us 1 trillion, which is how much we are in debt to the communist chinese, with whom we've had 2 proxy wars with, at a time we are being invaded by mexico)

it's the *direction* dumbass, the DIRECTION. Any president inheriting a 1st world country will have citizens with running water, electricity, heating and air conditioning

#21     May 22, 2007
  2. And if the living standard of the average american family has been stagnant or decreased during the last 8 years you have every right to blame the government. Especially if the living standard of the average american family had been steadily growing under the previous administration.

#22     May 22, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

This explains alot....

#23     May 22, 2007
  4. "Ways I am very *in touch* with many 'underprivileged' Americans"

Question. Father any children?

#24     May 22, 2007
  5. On the contrary, I'm sorry that you don't get it.

I can only take from this that you do blame the govt/society for a living standard/level of achievment with which you are unhappy, too bad for you. You may even be a decent guy, just very misguided. All I can say is, again, that thinking this way is what will hold you back and keep you where you are, while thinking just the opposite is what brings most to higher success, standards and achievements.

#25     May 22, 2007
  6. The poll said the people were unhappy about the direction of the country and the job Bush is doing, not that they were unhappy with the country. I'm surprised that anyone would say they were happy with the direction of the country or with Bush. I'm certainly not, and I am as big a patriot as anyone.

We have a congress controlled by a bunch of extreme leftwing SF democrats. The democrat candidates for president range from frightening to merely unqualified. A majority of our elected representatives think giving amnesty to 12 million illegals is a good idea so they can also bring in their extended families legally. China, no friend of this country, runs an enormous trade surplus with us, engages in widespread cpommercial piracy and has a huge stash of dollars and T-bonds. Marxist dictator Hugo Chavez is the most influential man in south america. OBL is the most popular man in the middle east. We are bogged down in an endless conflict in Iraq, and afghanistan seems to be getting worse. All that stands between islmist crazies controlling a nuclear power is the health of the president of pakistan.

As for Bush, he is hated by democrats and reviled by long time republicans. His administration would be a comedy of incompetency if the results were not so dire. Other than appoint a few judges, he has accomplished nothing worthwhile in 6+ years and has presided over a series of disasters domestically and internationally. When Jimmy Carter thinks he can accuse you of being the worst president ever without getting hooted down, you know your tenure has been pretty bad.

#26     May 22, 2007

7. So are you telling us that you think that the economy was hot in the 90's because Clinton was in the oval office?

#27     May 22, 2007
  8. Turok

Turok

I am a "Father" to one child, however I am the biological father to none.

JB

#28     May 22, 2007
  9. Modern liberal dictionary.
    Clinton - God
    Bush - 100% to blame for everything, including terrorists and natural disasters.

#29     May 22, 2007
  10. I don't blame the government, I hold them responsible to fulfill their promises.

" All I can say is, again, that thinking this way is what will hold you back and keep you where you are, while thinking just the opposite is what brings most to higher success, standards and achievements.

Unplug the Tony Robbins babble from your brain and just try to understand life as it comes...

There a plenty of examples of people who work hard, have positive mental attitudes, yet life shits all over them. There plenty of examples of people who just lucked into situations,

This idea (fallacious of course) that it all comes down to hard work and attitude is just nonsense.

It doesn't all come down to that, it comes down to many different variables.

Shoot, if Warren Buffett says it has a lot to do with luck, then I'll take his word for it...unless you have made more than Buffett, try to speak for yourself, not preach to others...

Any fool who is a trader knows that he can work just as hard, have just as gung ho or positive an attitude, but if the markets aren't moving, he ain't gonna make squat.

The self determination crap that is generally spewed only by those who were successful is just utter projection of what they think worked for themselves.

#30     May 22, 2007