Made A Trading Bot And Gave It $1k To Trade!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Nobert, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Nobert

Nobert

.... Kudos for exploring new horizons ...

tenor-1.gif

2. Wish you the best, sounds great!

Nobert likes this.
  3. Nobert

Nobert

Thanks, but it's not me.
    (my bad, had to make it more clear, yet thats the original name of the video)

Man was disapointed with 2% per week, that tells something.

Actually, he expected
    50% or above. Per week. That tells even more.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  4. He was hoping for something spectacular that would have the number of YouTube views explode. He doesn't seem interested in trading, but more in promoting/pushing his YouTube channel, which is about programming in general.

Nobert likes this.
  5. S2007S

S2007S

I see so 2% isn't exciting. Sounds like a guaranteed 2% a week, over 100% a year but nah that's a worthless "trading bot". Again this is just clickbait, nothing more to get views and money from his youtube channel.

VPhantom and Nobert like this.
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Didn't watch the video (not going to)...but how do you "trade" stocks with $1000 account? PDT?

7. Nobert

Nobert

Europe - doesn't apply.

For me, it was, a pain to watch, as well.

IAS_LLC likes this.
  8. schizo

schizo

First, I didn't understand why he was relying on FREE data from Yahoo. Second, the API (free version) he was using limited the number to only 5 requests per minute or 500 requests per day (according to the AlphaVantage website), which means he could have only pulled the data for the first 100 minutes. So it sounds a bit dubious. Finally, he was still able to make 2% in a week from the strategy he copied from Investopedia. Just imagine that?!!

9. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

In other words....he made $20. Big percentage gains are relatively easy on small accounts

10. Nobert

Nobert

The way i see it,

$1000 and 1 week.

It should be at the very least :

$10 000 and 1 year, for the strategy to have any sort of credability.

He traded KRTX, - theres some madness going on in that one ;
    one gap down in after market, with no liquidity, while hes all in, and hes bot would expierence early retirement.

#10     Dec 15, 2019