Made A Mistake Entering # Of Shares @ Schwab! Help!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BRAD7OUT, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Yeah, you're right, and you just added to it.

Bottom-line.

Fat finger mistakes are made all of the time, try to set your software up so that this doesn't happen again, if this requires contacting your broker, do so ... and know what you're doing and don't be so nervous entering your orders next time.

Hey, there's always JC, they have pretty good accounting courses there, that sounds like it's more up your alley. If you're seriously expecting the broker to renumerate you for your mistake, yes, please get a lawyer and try to prove it.

I'm betting they have so many clowns who do this (and other) stupid mistakes they've no doubt had you sign documentation putting all of the responsibility on yourself when you opened the brokerage account, you're probably just to slow to remember it.

Be sure to stop by and let us know if it was worth it.

Jimmy Jam

#41     Jul 1, 2007
  2. ess1096

ess1096

Been there, done that.
    Wait until you brain fart when buying calls and you think for a second that you are buying stock. A filled order for 500 contracts will wake you up fast. :D

#42     Jul 1, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I don't know how you could do something like that, on my trading screen I put in a certain amount of shares that if I do go over that amount, it will warn me if I want to place the trade.

#43     Jul 1, 2007