Made A Mistake Entering # Of Shares @ Schwab! Help!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BRAD7OUT, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Be grateful you only lost $700. I easily lose that each month to keystroke errors. It's strange that they let you over-use your BP by that much, but it's your fault... if you can get them to reimburse you it's worth a shot, but I doubt you can, and again, it could have been so much worse. You could have lost $18,000 very, very easily.

#11     Jun 26, 2007
  2. Get real that aint a lot of cash I dropped over 70K on a Bund error as a broker (still came off my bonus) Another mate of mine was doing an order for Paul TJ and bought cable instead of selling it that was a lot bigger than my prob.

#12     Jun 26, 2007
  3. you have basis for a lawsuit and need to advise Schwab that you plan to pursue that route if your situation is not handled properly- both your 9000 and 8100 share orders canceled.

I can recommend an attorney.Pm me for his number.

btw, what part of the country are you in?

blackguard

#13     Jun 26, 2007
  4. zdreg

zdreg

amount of money is not the issue. you are comparing the actions of a retail account to a professional account. it is not comparable.

#14     Jun 26, 2007
  5. Been there; make a note to self and move on.

Damn sesame seed wedged in my 0 key.:p

#15     Jun 26, 2007
  6. No offense but for $700.00? LOL

#16     Jun 26, 2007
  7. Classic fat finger story.

Akuma

#17     Jun 26, 2007
  8. zdreg

zdreg

"but it's your fault..."
    statement is false.
    a properly worded response will result in recovery of the money.

#18     Jun 26, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

OP probably signed arbitration agreement when account opened. No attorney, no lawsuit.... and $700 is too small to mess with beyond begging broker to "make things right".

There is also an agreement that the client bears full responsibility for all online errors. I think he's SOL, unless broker just wants to be "nice".

#19     Jun 26, 2007
  10. What would IB say in this case?

(And righly so).

#20     Jun 26, 2007