Made a lot of progress, but feel like there's so much more to go...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader99, Aug 19, 2018.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

when you have nailed it you only need one market - one market will buy everything you would ever want. one market allows you to actually be positioned to kill it. why do surgeons specialize? why do athletes specialize? look up the word specialize! "to become a expert"

#11     Aug 20, 2018
    beginner66, TPinPA, Veagle and 3 others like this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

i trade only eurusd.....why diworsefy? i find technicals same for all so why look elsewhere?
    but if you find a reason [to trade other things] for it go ahead

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    #12     Aug 20, 2018
  3. Probably because you're trying to "set the paramaters" for trades rather than let the market "talk to you". IOW, trying to "cherry pick what YOU want to see".... which is not what the market usually offers up.

There is enough profit potential and "action" in the stock indices for certain... and likely any of the larger markets... to keep your mind fully occupied.

To "follow 10 markets" with the expectation of playing them well is... well, ridiculous.

#13     Aug 20, 2018
    eurusdzn and murray t turtle like this.
  4. deaddog

deaddog

If you had one piece of advice for aspiring traders what would it be?

In my case I slowly built my capital to where I have several years of living expenses put aside.

#14     Aug 20, 2018
    murray t turtle and trader99 like this.
  5. Yeah for futures I am fine with focusing on one future because I get a better feel than jumping all over the place.

#15     Aug 20, 2018
  6. Great job trader99 and I am proud of you.

Thanks for sharing your journal. I been at it for about 3 years and I am still trying to get consistent profitable. It is a process, that is for sure.

#16     Aug 20, 2018
    trader99 likes this.
  7. El OchoCinco,

I agree, and reduces stress, builds confidences, and limits force trades.

#17     Aug 20, 2018
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

imho one never asks how others live their lives, he just lives his

same applies to trading

#18     Aug 20, 2018
    beginner66 and ironchef like this.
  9. %%
    Position size it; so if you lost it all, or your life, family would be OK. Good point,T99, on much of the future being unknowable.....; but some of the future is knowable-trade/invest too big you will blow up an account.:cool::cool:

#19     Aug 20, 2018
    padutrader, trader99 and smallfil like this.
  10. trader99

trader99

I totally agreed with you. Having said that, sometimes the market I'm focusing is flat or nontrending. I like to hop onto another market that is trending.

I know each market/instrument has their own behavior. But from a TA perspective, it's just chart patterns. If an instrument has a particular chart pattern/setup then it's no harder to jump onto it and ride it.

I vacillate between watching many markets and focusing on one. Some days I feel like I should be superfocused. Other days I feel like scanning to see good setups across an array of instruments.

#20     Aug 20, 2018