Made 7 ES points today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Those people who talk about shorting at 1100 and letting it ride, are the ones that got burned at 800, at 900, and at 1000.

A broken clock is right two times a day :cool:

#21     Oct 30, 2009
  2. flatron

flatron

I lost on the ES today :(
    Made money overall tho, thanks to GBP/USD trading.
    I find ES pretty much impossible to trade, although for some reason i cant seem to keep away from it! Still, having a very good trading streak overall for the last 6 weeks or so now, averaging 40-50 pips per day.

#22     Oct 30, 2009
  3. Today was one of the easier days in the ES in awhile IMO. If you found it that difficult today then I suggest sticking to your other profitable mkts and leaving the ES alone. All that matters is you find a niche in a mkt you can trade and keep ringing the register as often as possible :)

#23     Oct 30, 2009
  4. flatron

flatron

I think you're right, although it goes against my instincts to belive that certain markets are 'harder' than others. I feel as though I should be able to trade anything. Maybe that's why I cant leave it alone!

Also, I've never liked days that just go in one direction all day, even tho they offer so much potential. Its always so easy in hindsight to see how obvious the play was, and all you had to do was short it and leave it alone, but at the time lots of factors are occuring and you aren't to know that its gonna be a 'trend day'.

But yes, I am trading the ES less and less and at some point will totally abandon it. Im just playing it with profits from my FX trades at the moment!

#24     Oct 30, 2009
  5. In trading, your original (human) instincts are almost always wrong, the new instincts you gain from screen time will help you much much more :)

That being said, I think most anyone can learn how to make money in the ES almost everyday, but few will have or give it the time needed nor commitment to the discipline needed to follow a working method to a tee without overriding and shooting from the hip, which, in the ES, is not at all a good idea.

#25     Oct 30, 2009
  6. increasenow that's wonderful!
    Keep up the good work.

#26     Oct 30, 2009
  7. Simgradulations young cat:cool:, simgradulations

BANG!!!!!

#27     Oct 31, 2009
  8. Good one. :D

#28     Oct 31, 2009
  9. ES is an account eater, yet so many try to tackle it.

I wonder why? (Don't give me the liquidity BS which is not applicable to a small lot retail player.)

#29     Oct 31, 2009
  10. here is the reason:
    1-low daytrade margin
    2-excellent per point value
    3-tight bid/ask spread
    4-"hope" of massive potential to trade...meaning, can trade anywhere from 1-100 ES contracts at a time and no slippage
    5-great news coverage
    ...anyone elose want to chime in?

for the record..if I really had the cash, I would trade the CL or DAX...maybe Natural Gas

#30     Oct 31, 2009