MADD prez arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Feb 28, 2011.

1. hughb

hughb

Former president of MADD arrested on DUI charge

By Cindy Swirko
    Staff writer

Published: Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 11:58 a.m.

A former president of the defunct local chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving was arrested recently by the Gainesville Police Department on a DUI charge.

Debra Oberlin, 48, was arrested after she had difficulty on a field sobriety test. She registered a .234 and .239 on breath alcohol tests. Florida's legal limit for driving is .08.

Oberlin, a Realtor, had no comment when contacted Thursday by The Sun.

On Feb. 18 at 1:10 a.m., an officer spotted Oberlin driving erratically on Northwest 19th Street, swerving and crossing lanes, an arrest report states. Oberlin was pulled over in the 3600 block of Northwest 39th Avenue.

The officer wrote that Oberlin smelled of alcohol and had watery, bloodshot and dilated eyes. The report states that Oberlin told the officer she had four beers.

Gainesville's MADD chapter existed for several years in the 1990s before closing in 1996 because of lack of financial support. Oberlin was the chapter president for three years.
    Copyright © 2011 Gainesville.com — All rights reserved. Restricted use only.

2. hughb

hughb

3. Reminds me of the Christian preachers who demonize homosexuality, and then are caught in a gay relationship.

At least in this case, the offender was a former president of MADD.

She should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

4. Reminds me of James Brady's wife advocating for guns being registered and being arrested for having an unregistered gun.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now THAT is funny. :D

6. Someone finds drunk drivers funny? That is not funny at all.

Ironic, but not actually funny. A preacher or politician who rails against gays and then is caught in a gay sex act doesn't threaten the lives of others like a drunk driver does.

This woman needs to be prosectued to the full extent of the law, she endangered the lives of others. Her likely hypocrisy is a secondary issue.

7. pspr

pspr

Ha ha ha ha ha. What goes around comes around.

Are any of you members of DDAM? (Drunk Drivers Against Mothers) :D

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Reading comprehension challenged again I see. It's her ARREST and indisputable hypocrisy that is funny dopey.

Charter member of DAMM, drunks against mad mothers.

9. Mercor

Mercor

Reminds me that we all are human. We all struggle to do right. And when there is failure ironically it is usually the thing that we have done the most good for. We all fail into what we know best.

BTW, You represent the ugly, vicious, hatred, that only oozes from ones troubled, insecure, sub-conscious.

10. Very good point, and I agree.

The gotcha politics don't invalidate the message of the person who gave the message.

A hypocrite's message can still be true despite their own ability not to follow their own message.

"BTW, You represent the ugly, vicious, hatred, that only oozes from ones troubled, insecure, sub-conscious."

Then we have the ad hom attack...

Classic.

Are you another Christian right winger practicing what you preach?

#10     Feb 28, 2011