Mad Money Cramer calls the top on FSLR-First Solar - time to short!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, Apr 3, 2008.

1. cszulc

cszulc

Forming a double top, in my opinion. See attached chart.

Anyone see anything familiar?

#11     Apr 4, 2008
  2. It never made it through 283. If it pulls back on Monday, then I think this will be a good entry point to go short. However, if it makes it through 283 then I see a good long.

It didnt make it through today and we have had two weeks of up volume, so I would say the chances of it pulling back on Monday are greater then the chances it will go through 283 and zoom higher.

I would short at 283 and expect a turn when it hits the 50 day moving average at around 213.

#12     Apr 4, 2008
  3. LOL!!!!:D

#13     Apr 4, 2008
  4. If the general market rises good and well in the following months, FSLR will have no problem keeping pace. Earnings surprise, momentum, top dog in a recently top performing sector, good price behavior, about to enter all-time high area....all good things going for it.

It is one of the hottest movers right now, and I never sell a rising stock.
    But I'll sell out my position if the price drops $30 from here. Yet this stock has all the required ingredients going for it that it could see $400, $500 and if I'm really lucky $600 by the end of a healthy bull run, before I would have to sell out (my signal to sell will be a price drop of $30 to $60 from its high--exact size is determined by various factors present at that time.)

#14     Apr 4, 2008
  5. cszulc

cszulc

I put on a $270/$260 June 08 put spread on FSLR yesterday for a $4.40 debit. Looking for this to dump but don't want to take a risk in shorting when this thing can rocket $25 in a day.

#15     Apr 10, 2008