Mad Dog Mattis is not a big fan of Putin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 12, 2017.

1. wildchild

wildchild

According to the Trump pompom boys, he must want to start WWIII. They have been bowing at Putins feet for the last 2 months, now we have this.

Mattis saying something real about that bastard Putin. What are the pompom boys going to do now?

2. jem

jem

such a misrepresentation of the situation.
    we don't love putin we just find it odd that there is more truth coming from him and pravda than obama, clinton and the major media.

3. wildchild

wildchild

What are you talking about? Trump can't bring himself to say anything bad about Putin but calls him smart and a great leader.

If you even bring up Putin's past you are accused of trying to start WWIII.

It was just in the last week that there was a Trump pompom boy trashing NATO countries and defending Russia.

Putin is a thug, tyrant and a terrorist and anyone who paints him any other way, I am going to get in their face.

The key here is Mattis has the right idea. I would be nice to hear Trump express these sentiments once in awhile.

4. jem

jem

did you get in obama's face for what he did with Iraq. Or when he went fanboy on Castro.
    or when he was supporting the muslim brotherhood. (by the way maybe you did as I really do not know)

Because Putin and half the guys Obama and the democrats fanboy are the same type of people. The dems are trending towards totalitarianism. they scare the heck out of me for my kids futures.

At the moment I still see Trump as a smaller govt guy.... so I am not worried about his view of Putin yet.

I think this is pretty accurate too.

"He is really very much of a leader," Trump said of Putin. "The man has very strong control over his country. Now, it's a very different system, and I don't happen to like the system, but certainly in that system he's been a leader, far more than our president has been a leader."

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. wildchild

wildchild

Seriously? You are questioning my criticism of Obama. I cheered loudly about Hillary's defeat. I put Hillary's defeat on Obama's lap. I was the guy being told to tone it down on election night and the next morning. I was more happy Hillary lost than Trump won, but I gloated. I even started a thread to pay tribute to Trump. Trump is way better than Hillary or Obama but there are some serious questions about his behavior.

You bring up small government, and I am a small government guy, so that leaves much to be desired with Trump, but it is better than Hillary.

6. achilles28

achilles28

Let's talk Putin. Yes, Russia is corrupt and so is he.

Tyrant, somewhat. Russia will never be a true democracy. Thug, sorta goes with tyrant. I'll concede half thug, full patriot.

Terrorist? I don't think so.

Care to counter?

7. wildchild

wildchild

Well we know he provided the weaponry to down a civilian airline. This is not speculation. It happened.

We know he has killed political opponents.

We know he has killed those who speak out against him.

We know he harbors American traitors.

8. achilles28

achilles28

Snowden? That's debatable. I consider him a hero. I know Trump sides with you on that....

Killed opponents and those who speak out, yes. Agreed.

Downed a civilian airliner? Didn't hear about that one?

9. wildchild

wildchild

Here is a little bit of Putin's handy work. These guys shot down a plane with missiles from Russia, and then fled into Russia after they did it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_17

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 (MH17/MAS17)[a] was a regularly-scheduled international passenger flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. On 17 July 2014 a Boeing 777-200ER, which was operating as Flight 17, was shot down, killing all 283 passengers and 15 crew on board.[2] Contact with the airliner was lost about 50 km (31 mi) from the Ukraine–Russia border, and it crashed near Torez in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine, 40 km (25 mi) from the border.[3] The crash occurred during the Battle in Shakhtarsk Raion, part of the ongoing war in Donbass, in an area controlled by the Donbass People's Militia.[4] The crash is the deadliest airliner shootdown, and was Malaysia Airlines' second aircraft loss during 2014 after MH370.[5]

In October 2015, the Dutch Safety Board (DSB) concluded that the airliner was downed by a Buk surface-to-air missile launched from pro-Russian separatist-controlled territory in Ukraine.[6][7] In September 2016, the Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team (JIT) confirmed the missile type which had downed the aircraft and said that the Buk missile system had been transported from Russia on the day of the crash, fired from a field in a rebel controlled area and returned to Russia after the Buk was used to shoot down MH17. The JIT had established the identities of approximately 100 people, witnesses or suspects, who were linked to the transporting of the Buk, but said that their evidence "must stand before a court".[8]

The DSB and JIT findings confirmed earlier claims by American and German intelligence sources and the Ukrainian government as to the missile type and launch area. In 2014, Ukraine and US intelligence had also said that Russia had supplied the Buk missile to pro-Russian insurgents, who had mistakenly shot down the aircraft.[9][10][11][12] Also in 2014, German intelligence sources reported that they believed insurgents had stolen the missile from the Ukrainian military.[13][14][15]

Russian government sources initially claimed that the aircraft was being followed by a Ukrainian military jet at the time of the shootdown[10] and later that Ukraine was responsible since the crash had happened in Ukrainian airspace.[16] Several theories about the crash have since appeared in Russian media, and as of September 2016 the Russian government continues to deny responsibility for the crash.[8]

10. The US "accidentally" shot down an Iranian civilian airliner over the Persian Gulf.

Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai. On 3 July 1988, the aircraft operating on this route was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes under the command of William C. Rogers III. The incident took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from Vincennes. All 290 people on board died.[1] The cruiser Vincennes had entered Iranian territorial waters after one of its helicopters drew warning fire from Iranian speedboats operating within Iranian territorial limits.[2][3]

According to the United States government, the crew incorrectly identified the Iranian Airbus A300 as an attacking F-14A Tomcat fighter, a plane made in the United States and operated at that time by only two forces worldwide, the United States Navy and the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force. While the Iranian F-14s had been supplied by manufacturer Grumman in an air-to-air configuration only in the 1970s,[4][5] the crew of Vincennes had been briefed when entering the region that the Iranian F-14s carried unguided bombs as well as Maverick missiles and unguided rockets.[6] The Vincennes crew made ten attempts to contact the crew of the flight on military and civilian radio frequencies, but received no response.[7] The International Civil Aviation Organization said that the flight crew should have been monitoring the civilian frequency.[8]

According to the Iranian government, Vincennes negligently shot down the civilian aircraft: the airliner was making IFF squawks in Mode III (not Mode II used by Iranian military planes), a signal that identified it as a civilian craft.[9][10] The event generated a great deal of criticism of the United States. Some analysts blamed the captain of Vincennes, who had entered Iran's waters, for reckless and aggressive behavior in a tense and dangerous environment.[7][11]

... .
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

#10     Jan 13, 2017