MacroF$#@&*%GMedia pop up

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by indahook, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Is anybody else getting the prompt to download the latest and greatest Macromedia when they come to ET? If I wanted popups every 3 seconds I would sign up to AOL. GEEEZZZZZ!

2. Download it and the prompts will go away.

I got them too.

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Have to admit, it is a tremendous nuisance. :(

4. Plus, you can't effectively block/not install Flash anymore because many websites use it for basic navigation or menus.

5. Since I switched to the FIREFOX browser http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/0.8.html I don't get pop-ups or many prompts anymore at any sites. My "Ad-Aware" rarely finds any data miners either.

MS Internet Explorer is the pits.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The problem is that sometimes our advertisers save their ads in the very latest version of the Flash format, which ultimately requries the latest version of the flash player. I took down the ad that I believe was causing the problem though.

7. Magna

Magna Administrator

On my system it's the CMS Forex banner ad that's causing the problem, and I still get the MacroMedia update request most times when I click "Your Account" to check PM's. Wouldn't mind it if I got it once, said no, and was done with it as long as I stayed in Your Account. But it keeps popping up the request repeatedly, and that's a real pain.

8. thank you

9. No offense, but what is the problem with downloading a 200k macromedia update file?

10. Well for one I resent installing intrusive crap on my system that does little more than provide a vehicle for advertisments.

#10     Apr 28, 2004