Macro trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by HolyMacro, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Terminating GLD, UUP and LQD before the market close today, and getting USO, at 100% allocation - I think the policy support that has been lacking for Oil has finally come, in the form of the upcoming OPEC+ cuts, US cuts and Fed support.

None of my posts represent an investment advice, and are provided for entertainment purposes only.

#61     May 1, 2020
  2. Just stopped out of the USO position, booking a 9% gain

#62     May 6, 2020
  3. My view for next week (trades executed around 3:30pm today): After a nice run of US equities and oil this week, I am taking a defensive position of gold and yen. Also, now that I am about 12.5% ahead of the benchmark since inception of this portfolio last October, I'll ride some of the benchmark itself.

Allocations:
    FXY: 65%
    GLD: 20%
    SPY: 15%

Here are the results for the last two weeks:
    upload_2020-5-8_17-49-23.png

None of my posts represent an investment advice, and are provided for entertainment purposes only.

#63     May 8, 2020
  4. Trailed out of GLD at 162.67 a few minutes ago

#64     May 14, 2020
  5. Keeping Yen and SPY for another week, for all the same reasons as last week; Adding US Credit (LQD) at about 20% allocation, as US corporates will be beneficiaries of the policy actions.

#65     May 15, 2020
  6. Sold LQD at market close, keeping SPY and FXY for another week. Here are the results for the last two weeks:

upload_2020-5-22_17-46-27.png

#66     May 22, 2020
  7. Sold FXY at market close on Friday, May 29, kept SPY. I'll post last week's results and this week's trade shortly.

#67     Jun 1, 2020
  8. This week I am focusing on the sectors without structural problems, but left behind by the market's bounce-back: Value, Industrials and Mining (VTV, XME, XLI) - placed these trades this morning. Also kept the SPY position from last week. Approximate allocations:

VTV 70%
    SPY 15%
    XME 5%
    XLI 10%

Last week's results:
    upload_2020-6-1_10-47-47.png

#68     Jun 1, 2020
  9. Just sold VTV at 104.75 to lock in the 3.1% gain on this trade.

#69     Jun 4, 2020
  10. Sold last week's remaining positions (SPY, XME, XLI) Friday at market close. Here are the results for last week:

upload_2020-6-8_8-57-8.png

I'll post this week's trades when I place them later this morning.

#70     Jun 8, 2020