Macro Economics Querstions ????

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by shahzadsami, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Hello members.... i need some help related to my macro economics assignment...hope u ppl will help me out...

1. Suppose police become more efficient and we hire fewer police officers. What will happen to GDP ?

2. Assume a product improves in quality from one year to the next year and its price rises to reflect this improvement. What happens to the GDP deflator and Real GDP ?

3. Do increases in unwanted inventories on firm's shelves count as inventory investment in GDP account ?

4. Is buying an air-condition (A/C) an act of consumption or investment in the GDP accounts ? What about purchase of a house ?

5. What happens to GDP accounts if an American firm decides to build a plant in England rather than the U.S. ?

6. How would an increase in a sales tax affect GDP ?

7. If your friend urges you to purchase stock options, is he encouraging you to invest in the sense in which we use the term in the GDP account ?

8. Is domestic investment the same as investment done in any other country ?

9. What is difference in the national income accounts between

A firm's purchasing a car for an executive and the firm's paying the executive additional income to purchase a car ?
    You're hiring your spouse ( who takes care of the house ) rather than just having her do the work without pay ?

2. When is the quiz due? The title should have said, "I need help with my homework because I am too lazy to read the book".

3. Exactly what I was thinking! These don't look like help, these look like his assignment. He is looking for others to put in HIS effort. For free!

Do you own work, lazy guy!!!

5. Hello members.... i need some help related to my macro economics assignment...hope u ppl will help me out...

1. Suppose police become more efficient and we hire fewer police officers. What will happen to GDP ?

2. Assume a product improves in quality from one year to the next year and its price rises to reflect this improvement. What happens to the GDP deflator and Real GDP ?

3. Do increases in unwanted inventories on firm's shelves count as inventory investment in GDP account ?

4. Is buying an air-condition (A/C) an act of consumption or investment in the GDP accounts ? What about purchase of a house ?

5. What happens to GDP accounts if an American firm decides to build a plant in England rather than the U.S. ?

6. How would an increase in a sales tax affect GDP ?

7. If your friend urges you to purchase stock options, is he encouraging you to invest in the sense in which we use the term in the GDP account ?

8. Is domestic investment the same as investment done in any other country ?

9. What is difference in the national income accounts between

A firm's purchasing a car for an executive and the firm's paying the executive additional income to purchase a car ?
    You're hiring your spouse ( who takes care of the house ) rather than just having her do the work without pay ?

6. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

i dont have time to go through this list, but here's number 1.

seems contradictory, but according to economic theory (can't remember what model this is exactly) if police officers were more efficient, they would hire more officers, not less. therefore an increase of labor means increase of capital means increase of gdp.

7. Excuse me for going off topic but if a person knew the answers to these questions, what kind of job would he apply for, who would hire him and what would that organization do with this information?

8. He posted the same thing under two aliases. He is just a lazy student who wants someone to do his homework for him.

9. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

he would apply for a job at the federal reserve. ben bernanke would hire him. with this info, the fed handles monetary policy.

10. Thanks. I guess asking him for stock suggestions would be out of the question.

#10     Oct 13, 2008