machine trading replacing us?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by newguy1, Jul 3, 2005.

1. I totally agree.

#11     Jul 3, 2005
  2. Yeah, but the Ferraris have to drive on the roads paved by the big load-hauling trucks and bulldozers. And nowadays they ain't using much asphalt (too much aggregate) and the road's pretty rough for the Ferraris that are left. Plus, you can easily get stuck and crushed by these monsters.

#12     Jul 3, 2005
  3. This is an automated post. Please do not reply.

#13     Jul 3, 2005
  4. Prevail

Prevail Guest

LOL.

Even if markets become untradeable by efficiency (doubtful), there are always emerging markets to master.

#14     Jul 3, 2005
  5. This is an automated reply, please do not post...

#15     Jul 3, 2005
  6. newguy1

newguy1

so who here agrees that automated trading is good for daytraders?

I just ask because a lot of the quantitative finance community feels that their jobs will be replaced by computers.

#16     Jul 3, 2005
  7. trading one-on-one against a deep computing computer like Blue Gene would concern me because of its adaptability capacity.

But, when you have multiple computers trading the markets every which way, that does not concern me because I can adapt.

Trading one-on-one against a Blue Gene type computer and winning may have to do with the size of the account.

Both accounts being equal, I could give an IBM a run for its money trading currencies.

#17     Jul 3, 2005
  8. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter who or what is doing the trading, it's still all based on supply and demand. Any day the Dow moves 100+ pts then there is a supply/demand issue within that trading session, it is not a bunch of computers screwing around sending us to intraday extremes. I make all my money on trend days, I try to avoid chop days because it is all program trading bullshit. I'm not saying you can't make money when it's a choppy day, I know many people that do, I just know that I cannot, and the bottom line is that as long as the market still exists there will be trend days when money can be made without "the machine" hunting stops.

#18     Jul 3, 2005
  9. ok so how do u avoid/predict chop days, how do u know when a trend will begin and at the point of entry, how do u know the trend will not end there? Thanks for your reply

#19     Jul 3, 2005