Macfutures rumours

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LRD, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Xenia

Xenia

Where is the information exchange ?

You got the info here and now you are hiding under your rock again ?

#61     May 22, 2005
  2. he said that was not the rumor.

#62     May 22, 2005
  3. When I first posted a guess at the rumour, LRD PM'd me that that was not the rumour he heard. I do not want to violate a PM, so I suggest you PM him directly and ask. I don't think he is hiding as much as he is trying to protect his journalistic integrity by not posting rumours.

We can debate whether posting something along the lines of "I know something you don't and it is not good for the person I know it about" is within the ethics of proper journalism or even good form as a human.

I also know that LRD has tried to be mutual in giving information to this site as he is in trying to gleem it from us all.

As far as Refco is concerned, when you are at the top of your industry/business/game etc., you will be taking shots from those trying to move up or those jealous. Also, in any relationship with partners and investors, there will be ups and downs but you must focus on the overall big picture.

#63     May 22, 2005
  4. LRD

LRD

Thanks for that. I made the original post in order to exchange information with people who have some, shich I have done via PM and other means.

I believe there is a story there but unfortunately not one that I can print at the moment, which is why I haven't posted it here. However, I have communicated privately with people and will continue to do so. I have not been dishonest or posted gossip, as I said all along.

Thanks to everyone who has spoken to me about this and understaood the restrictions on what I can and can't say.

#64     May 23, 2005
  5. Xenia

Xenia

Thank you all (R, D & LRD).

Sorry for any misreading or misunderstanding from my side.

#65     May 23, 2005

6. LOL, TOP!!??? are you kidding? shows how little you know, all their main bosses have quit/been fired, they couldnt even pay the fucking BLOOMBERG BILL!!!, they LOST BLOOMBERG, sound like the 'top of their industry' to you???hahaha, now their are loosing TT, all the top guys are looking for somewhere else to go...the ones who havent left to start their own shops already, or found better, more competent firms....they used to be a good place, but as soon as the london guys left it in the hands of the new american mgt, it fell to peices...in other words, when refco bought mac, refco ran it into the ground....

#66     May 23, 2005
  7. finally someone who actually knows the real deal !!!! thanks for the post phenoma.... this other rumor bull shit was getting old.....

#67     May 23, 2005
  8. Phenom,

You sound a little bitter. Were you canned from Mac?

All firms have their ups and owns. I know of no overall firm in this space that clears futures, equites, options, bonds, etc as well as Refco. Their overall business dominates the multinational space.

Good luck.

#68     May 23, 2005
  9. Xenia

Xenia