Macfutures rumours

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LRD, Apr 21, 2005.

1. LRD

LRD

Thanks to people who have PMed me. If there is a story here I will post it when it's tight enough.

To the previous poster, yes I am a journalist, something which I have never hidden. It's not tabloid stuff though, I am following a lead down as many routes as I can. People who have spoken to me on this board before will confirm that I am scrupulous about protecting sources and am not on a mission to stitch anyone up or entrap them.

#11     Apr 22, 2005
  2. LRD,

If there turns out to be no story, will you post a note to that effect? Seems only fair if you are going to imply there might be a story.

I am not sure what kind of journalist you are, but if your sources are from this site, either you do not read the site often enough to realize that 99% of it is hot air or you are desperate.

Mr. Gunn

#12     Apr 22, 2005
  3. Xenia

Xenia

#13     Apr 22, 2005
  4. I would've thought that all Refco's offices would have a complete set out risk management plan. What was Chicago doing in terms of risk (potential) problems?

#14     Apr 22, 2005
  5. LRD

LRD

My sources are not from this site.

#15     Apr 22, 2005
  6. LRD

LRD

Hmm. Thanks for that. Alternatively, you could use a derivatives news source that is, how can I put this, good.

#16     Apr 22, 2005
  7. LRD, is it really necessary that you stay shut about this rumour?

I simply think that you're just causing stress for the traders at the mentioned offices.

#17     Apr 22, 2005
  8. If this is regarding the Chicago office of Macfutures, is the person in question a man named Gould?

What did he do (or not do)?

Is it true that the CFTC is investigating?

#18     Apr 22, 2005
  9. LRD

LRD

If it's any help to anyone, the story that I've heard is about activities that have already happened and, to the best of my knowledge, should not have any effect on current Mac traders in the immmediate future.

I should apologise for the aparent trouble/concern that I have caused. It was certainly not my intention to create worry for people who are just doing their jobs. Unfortunately, it is well beyond what I am legally and professionally able to do to post unconfirmed rumours about an operation in a public forum.

However, as I posted earlier, when and if a story that I can stand by emerges out of this I will be more than happy to post it here. While there is unquestionably a lot of hot air on this site I have also encountered some informed, interesting and articulate individuals and I appreciate the forum. If you look at my post history you will see that I have released several of my publication's stories, on every occasion solely because I believed they would be of interest to the trading community.

I do not regard ET as a one way street on which I shark for information. It is very difficult in my position to hear the views of prop traders - I have excellent contacts with exchanges, FCMs, arcade executives and so forth, but I have come to regard ET as an very good way, with some filtering, of hearing the views of the people on the ground.

I sincerely hope that my point comes across. I am not looking to be another enemy.

#19     Apr 22, 2005
  10. LRD,

Thanks for your clarification. You did not say if at the end of the day your research turns up nothing if you would post a clean bill of health. Journalists rarely attempt to correct any impressions they may have left.

Discipline

I want to make it very clear that what I posted previously was a RUMOR I heard from a friend. If the editing time had not expired I would delete my post.

When LRD declined to post his rumors, I assumed that the ones I heard would be the same. I have been informed that they are not the same rumors.

#20     Apr 22, 2005