macd

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by notafool, May 22, 2020.

1. notafool

notafool

the standard setting on the macd is 12 & 26. does anyone know another setting which is quicker to respond to price changes?

2. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Quicker MAs but you get whipsawed more.
    You could pick anything with the first lower than the other.

3. First off, what securities are you using it for?

4. I always try to stick to a dividing or multiplying, for example if you want it faster divide the standard settings into 2 or 3 and use those and vice versa, but typically speaking best not to change the settings and just change the chart time frame, similar results

1957may10 likes this.
  5. _eug_

_eug_

Why not keep the standard setting but just look at a lower time frame to get an earlier signal?

6. Metamega

Metamega

3/10/16. I’ve used it to help measure swings momentum(fast line). Not so much the traditional crossing.

Simple Ma smooths it out more.

7. notagain

notagain

This MACD chart is the best so far, also use the trend strength scale seeing at least 1 pt change per bar before accepting the signal.
    Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 9.11.21 AM.png

8. Edmond

Edmond

macd is useless. It just follows price.
    if you really think you need it though, use LBR 3-10 instead.

BlacknBlue likes this.
  9. notafool

notafool

one man's trash is another man's treasure! i dont know which planet you are from but i am paper trading with a macd as the main focus and its working out pretty well. but again, its only paper trading so who knows.....

10. Edmond

Edmond

I know....:)

“One mans trash is another mans treasure” doesn’t apply to indicators.
    I’m on planet earth and don’t waste you time paper trading. Start live trading something even if it’s only one share.
    You want an edge? The edge is you, you have to know when to get out of the trade if it goes against you. No second guessing. GTFO
    Don’t think about how much $ you are going to win, think about how much you are willing to loose.....Preservation of capital is number one.
    PS: watch price and volume

#10     May 22, 2020