macd

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by rdm239, Oct 14, 2008.

1. rdm239

rdm239

Hey all,

I trade the er2 (or tf now) and sp500 using mostly the macd indicator. I mostly look at the 1 minute and 5 minute charts. I keep it simple, so I am guessing there are other traders who have a similar style. If there are a couple of us, I would love to start a chat group. Please reply.

Roy

2. **what are your MACD settings?
    **what are your
    **do you look at the 1 minute or 5 minute more?
    **do you trade the TF or ES more?
    **how long do you trades last? 3,5,10 minutes etc.?

3. **what are your entries?...sell below 0 and buy above 0?...others??

4. I also use MACD as my primary indicator. I look to buy when the MACD is above zero and above signal but near zero. Sell to open when the MACD is below zero and below signal near zero.

5. Forex

Forex

I would also like to know about MACD settings etc. I never got too much out of this indicator.

6. rdm239

rdm239

I mostly look at the ER2. My best set up is looking at the Difference (DIFF on the charts i guess) and watching for trend changes on the 1 minute. The Diff is the difference btw the moving average and the MACD on your chart.

I enter if there is a new low after a series of higher highs or a higher low after a series of lower lows on the Diff. My settings are (5,34). I look to get 18 ticks but will be more aggressive depending on how far the MACD is from the 0 line, and what the five minute DIFF looks like. Stop losses are the highs of the last price bar or a major S/R if its closer. I don't like risking more than 5-8 ticks.

There is a lot of room to make this better and a lot of it depends on the trader sticking to the plan, but it offers a good amount of opportunities. Does anyone have a similar/better approach they would like to share?

Lets make this a useful thread!

Roy

7. As an observer, examples w/ charts are most useful. Just a suggestion. Good luck w/ the thread.