MACD/Trendline Swing Trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by retire45, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Long JRCC 19.04
    Long MZZ 62.6 Sold 63.4
    Short DSL 23.48 (anger trade) Covered 23.55 (Came to my senses)
    Long CSIQ 21.85

Will start maintaining Blog on Covestor.com..

#51     Mar 5, 2008
  2. Looking mighty daft with the MZZ and DSL daytrades yesterday... underscores why swing traders should not watch quotes during the day.. especially the Dow.. DSL gave no reason not to remain short.. though it was supposed to bounce 22's.. Banks really weak..

Closing out trades definitely HARD .. dammed if you, dammed if you don't..

Long MZZ again 65.5.. where's the market washout?? Grrrrr...
    Long SRS 120.7 (sold 1/2 COIN to do)

COIN not behaving as expected.. Suddenly trading quietly.. inching up.. wierd.

Must stop looking in mirror at DSL

#52     Mar 6, 2008
  3. Sold Rest of COIN.. off to $20 it goes.. Just have to live with the stress of taking profits too soon.

#53     Mar 6, 2008
  4. At Day's end replaced SRS with FWLT Short.. Break of small consolidation - Hope it does not rally with Builders Next week.. Sometimes these ETF's don't do quite as they should.. RYL short would have done better.. Goodbye SRS!.. Never satisfied I guess..

Decent Week... Seems most of the week been made by the minotiry of trades. That DSL short would have meant a 30%+ week as it was a tpl position.. Next week looking to go long Homebuilders .. RYL, MTH, BZH, TOL.. etc. SHOULD be good for 25%.. we'll see..

MZZ Long.. planning to leave this at SP Jan Lows..
    FWLT Short.. 62.5

Forgot to note, exited JRCC and KGC Yesterday basically flat.

Added a weekly% chart.. probably more useful.. Simply stay above zero!.. LOL..

#54     Mar 7, 2008
  5. Account

#55     Mar 7, 2008
  6. TNH (Commodities - AG) Looking like a nice Short trade comming. That Trendline is SO LONG.. A potential great "position" trade. Support at 120, 110, 100, 90.. is this organized? I need it short within today's bar.. otherwise on the break of 120 at which point it would REALLY have broken the line.. Very dangerous or Profitable stock.

#56     Mar 7, 2008
  7. Well.. No TNH shares to borrow..:confused: Shorted POT instead.

#57     Mar 10, 2008
  8. Short QMAR

#58     Mar 10, 2008
  9. Covered everything... In Pre-market (FWLT at 61!!) and Went Long Large DSL at open.. Everything I should not do.. horrible day.. The open was the high..

Thought I had left this behind... responding to pre-market buzz. All cash for now.

#59     Mar 11, 2008
  10. Regrouped.. Bloodied but still standing.. New Positions...

#60     Mar 11, 2008