MACD/Trendline Swing Trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by retire45, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Bought:
    CSIQ @ 20.20
    VCGH @ 12.65
    SOLF @ 18.40
    SPWR @ 77.83

Where are my Sunshades!<g> Hope we don't fly too close to the sun.. Hope FSLR can push 205/210 before earnings.. And DOW 12900/13000 to complete this bounce.. Remorse trade on VCGH as I wasn't paying attention when it reversed around $10... Goal now.. break-even stops ASAP.. IP..

#21     Feb 4, 2008
  2. Didn't fly too close to the Sun.. Flew INTO the sun.. Out of all for decent losses..

VCGH @ 12.51
    CSIQ @ 20.32
    SOLF @ 17.3
    DRYS @ 69 -- shouldn't have become loss.
    SPWR @ 72
    MTL @ 93

Average 4% loss on each.. Are we in a Bear market??<gg>.. i.e. Long only as close to absolute blood bottoms as possible.. If missed, do nothing. Plus long only on stocks that bounce hard with markets.. Solars really dragged their feet on this bounce due to their weakness..

Ironically ended the day nearly flat with DRYS, TBSI, RYL, and MDR shorts... Luckily no chance of a Ben slashing till March..

#22     Feb 5, 2008
  3. Added TOL Short @ 21.56..

Have got to handle sector distribution a bit better.. For 6 positions no need to have more than 2 stocks in any sector.. Did it long in Solars, got killed.. Now 3 Construction related stocks..

#23     Feb 6, 2008
  4. Experienced the "bad" feeling of a daytrader AGAIN...

Covered early in Morning as I shouldn't.. the results, though good reinforce what I DON'T want to do.. be kicked around by market noise..

Covered..
    MDR @ 40.84 - 11.6% gain
    DRYS @ 64.82 - 6.6% gain
    TOL @ 21.419 - .07% gain
    RYL @ 29.66 - 8% gain
    TBSI @ 27.6 - 12.3% gain

That RYL cover was at the high Morning spike.. Reshorted at 28.35 (morning Low).. added at 29.. Now a triple position... I AM A TERRIBLE DAYTRADER.. the point of this Journal.. This will be a sweaty position.. Daily favors a trip to 25 but the size.. Markets look like green tomorrow but RYL close weak.. almost losing whole bar..

A silly DRYS long daytrade at 70.12 sold at 69.86.. grrrrrr.. Better to have kept this than add to the RYL short

Key is the volatility of the things I trade are a gift for a daytrader (TBSI closed 31.76!) but can be terrible for swinging when they are chopping around..

RYL Short at 28.59

#24     Feb 7, 2008
  5. Not a good week... The nut behind the screen interfered too much... Net probably $50/hr.. Have to try more 1/2 position at resistance/support and half on 4 day confirmations.. i.e.. half proactive and half reactive trading.. 1/2 RYL short at 34 (support I knew BEFORE it got there.. and 1/2 on 4day/trendline break mid 32's.. The closer to these areas trades are entered, the nut behind the screen freaks out less as the trade begins to work..

Friday went long MTL, GMO, VCGH, DRYS.. uprooted all as markets "should" be bouncing but seem to "want" to go down.. confusion.. these as well as CLF the stocks to go long if markets don't break-down.. Metals..

Short RYL.. still very uncomfortable. I am going to try a small experiment with RYL.. keep a positione ALL the time.. $25 support area the plan is to reverse current short to long.

#25     Feb 9, 2008
  6. Covered RYL (including 3 stupid daytrades resulting in 4% loss)..

Long RYL 28.41
    Long MTL 108 I remember trading this for a point from 99 to 101 YESTERDAY..
    Long SOLF 16.55

Metals shining as I said.. CLF and MTL woof!

GMO Metals related very sweet looking.. trigger set. Usually good for 3 to 4 day run..

Not a happy camper.. MUST give up the morning involvement. All entries must be automatic.

#26     Feb 11, 2008
  7. Stopped out of all longs.. about 8% account loss.. ASTI trigger filled at high only to decline ALL DAY.. Ameritrade triggers too simple.. I need more parameters.. such as activation time and bar properties.. 2 very different Markets out there..

Long TNH 126 at close.

#27     Feb 13, 2008
  8. Markets will drive you mad.. So FSLR reports and every Solar I took a large loss on is up 10+% today.. So much to keep track of.. Would have held knowing FSLR has handily beaten every recent report and GAPPED....

Next!

#28     Feb 13, 2008
  9. 2 weeks in a row suffered from Solars.. specifically buying breakouts in solars.. ASTI, SOLF, CSUN, and CSIQ all contributing to account carnage. Not a breakout market for sure.. Apex fast approaching on S&P Triangle.. Should resolve very soon. This choppiness best suited to oscillator trading..

Currently Short RYL 27.67

#29     Feb 15, 2008
  10. Well, well... As I said elsewhere.. THIS MARKET SUCKS.. ALMOST AS MUCH AS I<g>

Miserable week.. only $800 to show for it.. It is quite a challenge to consistently bee in those that respond well to the overall tide.. Really good time to do nothing when there is no meat to move the markets.. The 3:30 fiasco on Friday cannot be put in words.. This swishing around all week killed entry after entry... You decide not to check on these markets at your peril..

Currently long..
    DRYS.. 86.50
    QLD... 69.08
    TNH... 127.62

May not bother much further with this journal as it is not achieving the discipline it should.. MTL, DRYS, CLF were "focus" stocks that were bought at much lower prices and were abandoned before they reached any significant loss level... 3 weeks wasted..

#30     Feb 22, 2008