MACD/Trendline Swing Trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by retire45, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Account: 30,200
    Next week I will start an Equity chart..

Current Trades:
    BZH: 4 day High
    Dead Homebuilder Priced for going under so a vicious up and down.. Swings VERY predictably..

EXM: 4 day High
    Shippers have been killed so not much strength here.. Likely stop out Monday..

KND: 4 day High
    Not one of my 50 and not a comfortable trade but the 2 recent days are what I hope for in trade as they make stop easy to set..

PTEC: TL Break
    Not one of my 50. A gradual sloping trendline to me the most powerful break I know.. only problem is trading in mid January a bit far from the TL so more risk in trade..

SVNT: TL Break
    Not one of my 50... We'll see..

Considering Friday's Market action good chance I'll be stopped out of most of these Monday.. Worst likely to be 3% loss so good. There should be success I can avoid greater than 3% losses..

Market look like they'd like to test recent lows but with Ben around the corner I'll take only the best shorts I can find..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any way to post images directly on Elite Trader??

Rashid

#11     Jan 27, 2008
  2. [​IMG]

Actual Stops have moved closer to entries..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Has some sells for SP 1375.. didn't get there..

#12     Jan 27, 2008
  3. ammo

ammo

rashid ,i'm old and slow so i trade ,scalp, mainly the s/r lines and keep my ego in check(not always) with the mantra, "i just don't know"

#13     Jan 28, 2008
  4. Stopped out:
    SVNT @ 20.39 4% Loss
    PTEC @ 14.57 12% Gain

Big bars are hard to manage for stops.. The Basic stop tools in Ameritrade not enough to properly manage stops.. I would like a stop that is active only after say. 11:00am as the Morning madness is rife with stealing. In other words, I want to be stopped out if the stock persists against me up to a certain % loss deep into the day.. I will simple put in the stops daily, day only at Noon.

Target Sell:
    BZH @ 7.95 26% Gain

Always want to sell half positions for targets because sentiment decides resistance strength.. but can't do it. Thought this would grind to 8 by Ben day but what do I know.. Oh well... two in the bush.

FSLR a lovely looking chart.. Trigger set. Chinese Solars still suffering from HSI melt-down. Only negative with FSLR is it is "gappy" and never goes anywhere in a straight line but breakout level too easy to ignore..

Holding:
    EXM.. (probably can't swim against it's sector for long)
    KND.. Nice little thing building..

Rashid..

#14     Jan 28, 2008
  5. Stopped Out:
    EXM @ 29.5 4.8% Loss

As expected but cruel irony is it was the result of an EXM/QMAR merger the markets hated today.. BUT loved every other shipper for it... Stop was for 30.5 but market order got me..

Long FSLR..
    4 Day High

Long SOLF..
    4 Day High

FSLR Triggered as planned... Solars seem to be healing a bit.. Logical the "Goat" goes first.. target complicated, some at 200, 210 and 220.. Looking at it's Hourly those that work the FSLR table and were long on those dips gladly and deservedly sold to me today... who took more risk?? They did and got paid for it while, for a guarantee, I "feel" I am taking less risk... Too bad feelings have no place in trading..

SPWR and STP similar setups.. Not expecting much out of these unless Crude really takes off from resting area and Asian Markets settle down.. Ben day around the corner.. this "bounce" on borrowed time?

Rashid

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#15     Jan 29, 2008
  6. EXM Stop another example of Morning Robbery.. recovered after first hour.. This has cost more than needed.. won't happen again..

#16     Jan 29, 2008
  7. ammo

ammo

retire 45 ,i hope u r watching the volume ,acc,dist, in these stocks

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. Ammo,

No I used to.. I find whatever the price is doing usually reflected in the Volume.. In other words Volume usually drops in a flag or triangle and usually rises on breakouts.. I take the trade ASAP so I can get to break-even stop ASAP. Acc/Dist can lie, especially short-term. How useful are they for you??

Messy day today...

Stopped out:
    FSLR @ 182.6 1.4% Loss
    SOLF @ 16.7 5.4% Loss

Sold: (Didn't want to Hold For Ben):
    KND @ 27.7 .8% Gain

New:
    Shorts:
    RYL @ 31.24
    TOL @ 22.31

Rate cut should help HB's at some point but they ran up into this one so should give some back.. RYL has stuff at 28 and 25.. TOL 20 and 18.

Longs:
    FXP @ 101.64

A short on overall market based on Melt-down.. A bit late entry but it is VOLATILE.. Haven't a clue where it's going.

Rashid

[​IMG]

#18     Jan 30, 2008
  9. Market noise very difficult to ignore and focus.. Yesterday's shorts had no technical basis other than being overbought.. Meanwhile the S&P MACD turned up a couple of days ago as are many stocks, particularly the Shippers, one of which (EXM) I was stopped out of for a silly loss and has since gained 7 points (time to break off my rear view mirrors)..

Ignore the noise.. when low MACD's are crossing and turning up opportunities abound on the long side... There..

Stopped out:
    TOL @ 23.15 3.1% Loss
    RYL @ 31.55 1.5% Loss

Even went for a couple of daytrades in them short. losing a percent or so in each!

Sold:
    FXP @ 107.25 5.5% Gain

New:
    Long DRYS @ 70.30
    Long MTL @ 94.24
    Long CAL @ 27.25

#19     Jan 31, 2008
  10. Sold:
    CAL @ 28.45 4.4% Gain

Holding:
    DRYS Long
    MTL Long