MACD/Trendline Swing Trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by retire45, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Ha!... Nice top indicator .. your FAZ exit... LOL!.. never fails..

#1171     Mar 16, 2009
  2. HA! very frustrating that one. I tried to bottom pick today too. Bought FAZ 35.84 with a dollar stop, which of course got hit at the bottom. thinking about it AH, but worried this week will be a little too volatile to swing trade the way I want to.

#1172     Mar 16, 2009
  3. Oh yes.. Oversold and overbought are not trading rules.. signs to pay attention for sure but not trading signals. Problem is all you remember is the 1 out of 10 times you got LUCKY. Once every 2 years we learn one thing maybe?

#1173     Mar 16, 2009
  4. buckoboy

buckoboy

What a day...won't be forgotten anytime soon. Sold at the bottom of FAZ and then turned around and bought FAS and got stopped out. I need a break!

#1174     Mar 16, 2009
  5. It's true. Retire, your current balance is at the level of Jan. 3 months of trading for nothing. At least u have $40K depo which is sooooo much better than small amount that other people deal with.

#1175     Mar 21, 2009
  6. Man can I relate to that. Its like it knows where your pain tolerance level ends. For me it often reverses to better thanentry. The saying is cut your losses short. Either that or hold on a little longer and it'll come back.

#1176     Mar 22, 2009
  7. Very wise words there. Could be described as greed or having high standards to be unhappy with my account, but I am the way I am and will most likely always be.

Thanks though for reminding me of the value of money though..

#1177     Mar 23, 2009
  8. On that note due to personal finances, I have decided to put most of what is left in the bank to live on.... So many "if this", "if thats", and "if I have just..." that could have dramatically altered the path to the present but every trader has these and they are both why so many do poorly and why so many keep trying... the hope of what can be.

I have always refused to put any new money in my account other than the initial seed money so will stop this Journal here. Will have a go (final?) in ES and leave stocks for now.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158210&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

later..

#1178     Mar 23, 2009
  9. Sad to see this journal end. Definitely some good lessons to be learned from reading through it. Last year was quite a ride. I can see a lot of the "what ifs" from this year too, but so it goes. Goodluck with futures! You clearly have it in you to be profitable. Looking forward to the next journal.
    Builder

#1179     Mar 23, 2009