MACD is it really that easy???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Westward, Jun 3, 2009.

1. It *IS* the holy grail.

And you, the brilliant retail trader have discovered it.

BET BIG! You'll be clearing millions in no time.

#11     Jun 4, 2009
  2. Westward

Westward

WOH!! Didn't know I had a baller trollin.

Your .002 + ecn doesn't make you good smart ass, theres retail guys littering this site that roll stronger and larger than you. Go troll somewhere else. I've been trading way longer than you have kiddie.

Now go grab a tissue from your mentor.

#12     Jun 4, 2009
  3. Westward

Westward

Intraday, 1 min tick. I use with RSI to help confirm reversals or trend continuation.

#13     Jun 4, 2009
  4. No, no really. I wanted to draw attention to the retail trader's brilliance in his quest of the holy grail of lagging indicators.

You can call me names if you like, but hey: YOU ASKED!

::Snickers::

.002 + ecn? I wouldn't trade stocks with your money; only their derivatives.

#14     Jun 4, 2009
  5. Westward

Westward

Go catch a mouse troll

#15     Jun 5, 2009
  6. "tell me if you agree that about 90% of the time when the FAST LEN breaks through the SLOW LEN"

Did you mean to say, tell me if you agree, and if you don't agree, then keep your mouth shut?

#16     Jun 5, 2009
  7. it won't work.

you'll always be last on board to get in or out

fighting over scraps :D

#17     Jun 5, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused:

The difference between two lagging moving averages "PREDICTS" the future?

#18     Jun 5, 2009
  9. There are 2 different ways to use MACD: with reference to the zero line or with reference to the signal line. When a trend has already been established you will notice that MACD tends to meander up and down thru its signal line but remain on one side of zero, above zero in an uptrend and below zero in a downtrend, within that environment signal line crosses must be ignored.

#19     Jun 5, 2009
  10. exactly. like looking in the rear view mirror while driving. how will that work :D

#20     Jun 5, 2009