macd indictor lags, is there software that doesnt

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by qwert, Aug 19, 2008.

1. qwert

qwert

when using the macd , its always lagging as you know . is there software or trading platform that shows the indicator in real time.

i like the 5min/15 min bar with the macd indicator, but the macd inductor is so lagging that you miss alot of the move. thanks.

2. Its called learning price action, and it would be most helpful if you removed any lagging indicators from your screen.

3. qwert, this is BS advice.

The tradeoff on any MACD is between reliability and sensitivity. I would encourage you to use a combination of lengths, possibly different by security, that balance these two.

4. What software are you using. If it's anything decent, and not google or MSN money or soemthing, your indicator is real time.

The only thing you can do is reduce the number of bars(length) used in your MACD's calculation. This will 'speed up' the indicator so to speak.

May or may not give you the results you want.

5. qwert, swordsman is completely correct.

6. ammo

ammo

change the numbers to 3/10/16

7. You are wrong. You may not understand technical analysis (I suspect > 90% on this site have not studied it with much serious intent) but some do.

8. Yes qwert, swordsman is absolutely correct.

It's the old conumdrum of figuring out something which is very simple by going through an extremely complicated process.

As with everthing, it is the traders discipline (or actually, lack of it) that will create the rope which hangs himself.

However, please do not take our word for it. I think you should spend the next 2 or 3 years trying out your other options, just so you can find out for yourself. :D

9. Jurik research used to market indicators 'to get the lag out'.

Never used them but heard favorable opinions from some.

Anyone here have any current experience with them?

10. This is the type of vague yet self-congratulatory psychobabble I see a lot of on this site. And it gives no assistance whatsoever to the OP. Price action is important, but advising him to take indicators off the screen is something you're encouraging him to do without helping. What specific actions are you helping him with? Nothing.

Here's a challenge: post something SPECIFIC and "very simple" in terms of price action that has personally helped you trade profitably.

#10     Aug 19, 2008