MACD Divergence scan

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by DennisAndLisa, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Although I do not use TC2000, you may find divergence codes at
    http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/TradersTips/TradersTips.html#tradestation
    for the recent Katsanos article.
    Since the divergence is defined [they work the linregslope, it is a way to express divergence, may be different than mine, but it doesn´t matter] it may expressed for any plotted indicator.
    I prefer to solve problems, instead of skipping them.
    BTW, what T/A software do you use for your study and analysis?

#21     Mar 25, 2003

2. Weekly I use stocktables.com to sort for my universe. I do an add and delete as well.

Daily I use clearstation.com to bulk throught about five portfilios.

For real time monitoring I use qcharts during trading hours. My quote sheet is set up as follows left to right: Sym, last, last net% vol, unusual vol, 65 day av vol, H,O,L, trd size,B Bid, Bbid size, B ask, B ask size. I run charts. They are composed of Price, Vol, MACD (5,13,6) for equities. For commodities see stoc thread as of now.

I have five screens on three computers and two feeds: cable and modem.

My maths were done primarily on TC2000 ver3.0 and sector analysis on EXCEL. This is in the public domain. I have been offered and refused the IBD institutional set up and I have declined offers to automate C&H and an arb op. My equities algorithn (software) is complete and interfacable with Schwab (Smarttrade) and is in C language. I am on manual with commodities futures indexes but I do have a complete algorithm for trading that may be made into software. It contains six look up table sets each set specific to each futures index: they include: MACD away; Timeout (a reset clock for reaching neutral); Stop; Scalp; Sentiment; and A/D. I am an amateur but I have had broadly based offers of employment or recruiting since 1962, etc. I operate under NFA rule 2-8 (E) part a). I do not share profits in any manner whatsoever; those I POA for are enabled to make contributions of time in their professional skill category.

I trade with a neutral bias and I operate in the 3 beta range of volatility vis a vis ROI.

I hope this clarifies my orientation.

I do not do backtesting or any marcro analysis technique oriented to prediction since I do not predict as part of my venue. I am oriented to anticipating the potential market operating point and preparing accordingly. 4 of of 5 people by their determination do not agree with my viewpoints.

#22     Mar 25, 2003
  3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

#23     Mar 25, 2003
  4. Thank you for this info.
    As you see in previous message, there is a solution even for TC2000. I hope it helps the question. The proposal is a bit slow and may introduce significant lag, because of the linreg use, BUT, it is a solution.

#24     Mar 26, 2003
  5. hey everyone....thanx for all your replys! I know T/A can be interpreted in many ways with many opinions. All the posts here exemplify this reality. I took the best advice (in my opinion) and went with it. Everyone's 2 cents worth was greatly appreciated, and I learned from them all...except the "skip it " post....never say die buddy!!!!

Thanx All!
    Dennis

#25     Mar 26, 2003

6. As we see David did get what he wanted. The message you cite can be used to get the two items "on the same page" so to speak. I know David has a trigger value in mind to get the list of stocks from a sort of TC2000 data.

I almost wrote the equations for him myself, but I thought it would wind up being a disservice in several ways. Those reasons you state certainly made my list too.

To want such late potential entries is only useful if you are doing flips based on money velocity. I wouldn't use this as a filter for that even.

David's view of not skipping things is not unusual. It will be neat to see what useful application he comes up with. So far I do not see any. I am always open to learning and I hope he gets to a good place for making money.

#26     Mar 26, 2003
  7. All 3 Apr, May, June CL contracts have had a great MACD bearish divergence on March11. July contract was more emphatic with two successive div on 3/11 AND 3/13.
    Combined with the already existing Stochastic div, it was a real must for Shorting CL prices.
    Enjoy !!

#27     Apr 6, 2003