MACD Crossover Stop Loss

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Antihero1776, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Hi,

Need some help. I am using a MACD setting are 12,26,9. I am trying to figure out how to set a stop loss, so it will be at the point where the signal and MACD crossover.

SO, is there any way to found the price where the MACD might crossover in the future?

Price indictor shows ? = MACD Crossover Price Place = Stop Loss Price Place?

Any other indicators that might show the price for this and follow the crossover nicely?

Kind of like a Crossover Predictor? E.G. it tells me at what price the MACD would cross over at. Once I know the price of the cross over I can set my stop lose there.

Thanks

2. auspiv

auspiv

you do realize if you can predict anything, you wont need a macd crossover stop loss right?

3. Hi, welcome to ET.

I don't think conventional charting programs can do what you're asking. You want something running constant simulations and giving you a result like "the price has to change by x amount for there to be a crossover."

It doesn't really work that way unless you want to write custom scripts and have a platform that supports that.

4. Kanzei

Kanzei

i recommend a crystal ball and tarot cards.

5. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Welcome to Et, and no, there is no way to predict the future.

You are slicing the apple pretty close, you want a stop exactly when it crosses. Many times a MACD will cross and re-cross back to its original direction.

Use percentages, price levels or trendlines for exits.

KIS. Keep it simple.

EF