Mac vs PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hcour, Jul 10, 2006.

1. hcour

hcour Guest

Gotta love the new Mac vs PC ads for their celebration of utter lack of wit and sheer banality: The young thin casually-dressed dude with lotsa hair and the oh-so-hip 'tude - MacDaddy! Vs the PC, stodgy & thick, receding hairline, glasses, suit & tie, lovable goofball, and oh, did I mention, OLDER? Ow.

How fucking obvious can you get?

H

2. Arnie

Arnie

Too bad Mr Jobs doesn't have the business acumen of Bill Gates.
    If he did we'd all be using Mac's. :D

3. For me, building/buying a computer is the same as buying a car. Bang for your buck. I can't build 1/2 the system on an AMD platform that I can build on an Intel platform for the same price. Some people argue that the AMD products are higher quality, but I can buy replacement parts for my PC for much less than the cost of the original AMD parts.

4. I have to take issue with your post... computers built with AMD processors are not Macs. AMD makes x86-compatible processors and is Intel's #1 competitor in providing processors for the PC market. I would argue that one could build a PC that provides more bang for less buck choosing AMD over Intel.

As for the PC vs. Mac debate... PC, no doubt.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Currently, out of curiosity I tried to look up how much was the cheapest Mac. I think I saw one for $500 but it had only 256 MB.

Now you can buy a Dell for $300 with 512 MB. So unless I am mistaken you can buy 2 PCs for the price of 1 Mac...

6. which replacement parts?

7. Yeah, and you get two cheeseburgers for the price of a good souvlaki.

What was that old chestnut about rolls royce-"every part that falls off, is made to the highest standards of british engineering........" or was it bentley?

8. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Macs suck. And Linsux sucks even more.

9. Are you an accountant or a lawyer?