Mac Pro build for trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viruscore1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. sle

sle

You actually own a physical Sparc station? Oh my God, how much I wanted one when I was in college...

On topic - OS X is great if you are on one hand a U*x lover but on the other hand you want to avoid tinkering that's involved in running a Linux box. Seems like every serious software dev (which I am not, unfortunately) owns a MB Pro. I own one and so far like it a lot. It's just nice - it's very well built, it works, it integrates well between hardware and software. I have some misgivings about the bondage and restraint of the OS, but it's still way better than any form of windows I've used.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    #31     Dec 21, 2018
  2. Polygon.io

Polygon.io Sponsor

The latest Mac Pro towers can no longer upgrade to the latest Mac OS ( I believe they are stuck on the previous version currently ).

You can also use Docker on Mac if you need a linux kernel for some things.

#32     Jan 1, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

I have two Sparc 20s!

#33     Jan 2, 2019
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i don't run vm on my pro book i have windows 7 installed native. i never liked vm at all, i wish there was a list of apple products that can run native windows as opposed to those that have to use vm.

#34     Jan 4, 2019
  5. southall

southall

One nice advantage of using VMs is that you can have multiple snapshots in various states.

#35     Jan 12, 2019
  6. IamaMars

IamaMars

Why do you say it sucks ? As for me it's pretty cool thing and if your and your broker software can work under these then please do for example no matter what. Why to change what is working and making you money (is it making ? I suppose it's do).

#36     Jun 19, 2019