Mac Compatibility

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bevo93, May 28, 2008.

1. Bevo93

Bevo93

Does anyone in ET land know of any decent charting software that is either a downloadable or web based that is compatible with Mac?

2. I found a wide range of software, including DTN data feed and IB have worked flawlessly under OSX 10.4.x and Parallels 3.0.

I have yet to get around to VMware Fusion testing since Parallels worked so well.

Software that has worked well:

Ninja Trader
    Button Trader
    QuoteTracker
    Sierra Chart

I have tried a fews others that also worked such as Amibroker, QuoteTrader, but never used them extensively.

I found you can run windows apps on (1) 24" monitor and Mac apps on the other.

I was using a Mac Pro 3.0ghz 8-core, but I believe many other Mac platforms would also work well.

Not sure about running under 10.5.x Leopard as I have not yet switched over.

IB Trader Workstation will run under OXS as will Silicon Trader, and the IB or DTN data feeds were also available.

3. Tums

Tums

4. Anyone that owns a Mac knows how flexible Parallel is. What the consumer base really needs to know is when a native charting OS X application will be available.

NN

5. Jaba122

Jaba122

I've heard Investor RT from linnsoft.com is really good on Mac. I used it a while ago and was impressed then. I'm not a current user though.

6. lindq

lindq

Investor RT. www.linnsoft.com

Originally developed for Mac.

7. I use Pro Analyst. Its fast, clean, great charts and written especially for the Mac. I try and support companies that make Mac products. You can download the demo version here... http://www.trendsoft.com

Good Luck...

8. Qty

Qty

In my experience, when running under MacBook Pro OSX v10.5.3 Leopard, TWS Standalone will freeze up, while the browser-based TWS runs just fine.

9. rickf

rickf

Perhaps ProTA or Stox?

Neither is real-time, but I am starting to use Stox for my long-term equity portfolio.

#10     Jun 9, 2008