Mac charting software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader_fut, Apr 14, 2011.

1. What is it you want to chart? Interactive Brokers TWS runs on a Mac, but it's got some issues. Among them, you need $10,000 to open an IB account.
    I've used Macs since the 1980s, love 'em, don't like Windows, but I'm ready to buy a Windows box so I can run Ninja Trader, Sierra Chart, and whatnot. (My current Mac is pre-Intel, won't do Windows right).
    ProTA is fine for end-of-day (that's all it did when I used it a couple years ago, maybe it's intraday now?). Can probably source the data somewhere; I just used it for stocks with data from Yahoo.

#11     Apr 14, 2011
  2. I'm looking for real-time futures datafeed, if possible it must be integrated feed (I used CQG for Windows before, I like momentary ready data)

#12     Apr 14, 2011
  3. Ya, for real time intraday futures charting in Mac OS, the options are limited. Best of luck in your search.

#13     Apr 14, 2011
  4. drm7

drm7

#14     Apr 14, 2011
  5. Bob M

Bob M

Market-Q by Interactive Data works on a Mac so as long as the operating systems for the mini are the same as a Mac and it uses the same Java it should work

#15     Apr 14, 2011
  6. BwPirt

BwPirt

It's hard for me to trust a web based platform. Do you use this, or work for them?

#17     Apr 18, 2011
  7. Statmetric is a software worth taking a look at, it is very promising, although at this stage it is just useful for your EOD analysis, an you must have your data in .csv format. but runs nicely in mac and unix platforms.

Hope this progress and some day we can connect it to real time efficient feeds.

#18     Aug 7, 2012
  8. Rani, Im assuming that DTN Sat is just a historic name. It still comes in via the web right?

Is it the same company as IQfeed or a different company that repackages it?

#19     Aug 8, 2012