Mac Book Air

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maverick74, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Just keep in mind, mac air runs a real os and you can dual boot it with windows 7 easily. Ipad uses apple's mobile os which means you cannot run any java programs, no flash, no windows 7 etc.. If you dont care about any of that stuff and just want to use it for email and browsing then ipad is perfect, but if you want to say run tws or do some development/testing of your ats then you are out of luck with ipad.

#21     Mar 12, 2011
  2. If you have IB as your broker you can trade straight up on your Mac without a dual boot.

#22     Mar 12, 2011
  3. it's just a java swing app launched from webstart so yes anything that have java runtime can use it. Ipad cannot

#23     Mar 13, 2011
  4. Ok that's good to hear. Although I heard that the data issues would come in later years of the hard drive's life. And so far it seems like SSDs have less storage capacity.

#24     Mar 20, 2011
  5. I'm about to buy the 13" macbook air for my girlfriend. It will just be used for web and writing and facebook.

The SSD drive means long battery life which is the main reason I'm going with the air. Also it's easy to travel with.

Runningbear

#25     Mar 21, 2011
  6. why not just get the ipad2.

#26     Mar 21, 2011
  7. You can't really type fast on the ipad. When I said writing, I meant writing as in professional writing - articles, books.

#27     Mar 21, 2011