MA system

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by wb5983, Nov 18, 2002.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I only daytrade and am flat at night.
    Just a regular old volume bar chart with an average line, or if your charts have a volitility indicator build in like mine do. Simple as possible.
    I trade only NS, NQ or SPY and QQQ.......works best on those 4 only......

#11     Nov 19, 2002
  2. wb5983

wb5983

If you don't mind me asking what are your targets and stops? TIA

#12     Nov 19, 2002
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

that is a difficult question.
    my stops are at premise breaks. There is no real stop in place usually. You could say I mentally put them when I loose so much, or the market is just not moving and I decide a breakeven is much better.
    I usually take the profit when the price starts to stay still. Or I can see a reversal starting to take place. Or it approaches largest MA.....I just did that now on a trade.
    This morning I had 3 good and 1 bad trade, it was not really bad, I got cold feet and got out too early was more it.
    Hope this helps

#13     Nov 19, 2002
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

If you add the bollinger bands to the 2 moving averages it really will help you determine the range of the move. If it hits one, cover the trade. Do not use bollingers for entries though. Doesn't work most of the time.

I use really flabby Bollinger settings 2.618 and length of 13.
    You can see what you need to much better.

It is a great way to determine when to take profits, or stop outs.

#14     Nov 19, 2002
  5. it is not foolproof but i have found that using price divergence with an indicator such as stochastics or rsi is fairly effective as an exit tool

#15     Nov 19, 2002